Part 4

Yuichi POV
I walk to the cafeteria with Aimi, she seems to be enjoying herself. Well, she wants to be a hero and she seems to have the potential, compare that to me and that just makes her a queen next to a peasant. "Seems like we made more groups," she suddenly speaks as I look at the miny groups we created.

"You're right," I say with a small nod. Every time I talk to Aimi I just keep seeing this damn mission as a failure, the only thing we might get out of this is Seishiro. It already looks like he likes Nene so we're getting closer to getting Dabi's son back, at least we'll get something.

Suddenly Aimi leans forward in front of me, I look down at her as her ruby eyes just stare at me. Has she already figured me out? "What's the matter?" I ask hoping that she didn't figure anything out.

"Um... well, you don't portray your emotions on your face so it's hard to tell what you're thinking," she tells me as we walk into the cafeteria. I look at her with slightly wide eyes, "Read you like a book didn't I?" she smiles. She almost read me, "Oh! I'll get us a table since I already have my lunch!" Aimi shouts to everyone.

I watch her run off to go look for a table, I sigh a bit as I look forward to see Nene smiling at me. She then says something to Seishiro and walks over to me, "How are things going with Aimi," she says to me while winking.

I groan, "The more time I talk to her the more I see this mission as impossible," I tell as she lets out a little aw.

"Is it because you're in love with her?" she suddenly asks, I shake my head no.

"She's just very strong-willed and seems very strong just like her father," I tell her as she nods. "How are things with Seishiro, it already looks like he likes you."

"Things are going great!" she says as she turns to look at Seishiro. I then shove her back to him as she laughs and walks back to Seishiro, I sigh as I turn to find the table Aimi got us. I see Aimi and I see another guy talking with her, it doesn't look like they're having a nice conversation.

I quickly run over to the table as fast as I can, that's when I see Aimi getting up and ready to leave. I activate my quirk and that's when the guy finally turns to me and makes eye contact, he stops moving. "Who are you?" the guy asks as he glares at me. I look at the top of his shoulder, he shouts in pain, "You bastard! What did you do?"

"I gave you a warning, don't mess with my friend," I say to him as he glares at me one more time and walks away with the few others that were there. My eyes go back to normal and I look at Aimi, "Are you alright, Aimi?"

"Ah, yes, thank you," she says as she sits back down. I sit down next to her as the rest of the group sits down, I feel my stomach wanting to rumble but I try to suppress it. "Yuichi, where is your food?" Aimi asks noticing I don't have a tray.

"I left the line once I saw you with that guy, I'm not going to bother to go back. I'll just eat-" I get cut off when a vegetable enters my mouth. I stare at the chopsticks that lets go of the vegetable, I then look at the person who they are connected to.

"You need food, if you wanna be a hero you should eat proper meals," she tells me as my eyes go wide once I realize it wasn't Nene putting the vegetable in my mouth. Nene starts laughing and so do some of the others at the table, including Aimi.

I quickly eat the vegetable as I stand up, "Very well, I'll be back," I tell them as I leave to go get a tray of food. I watch as Aimi and Nene exchange a few words, I bet she's making fun of me or saying something embarrassing. Neither of those would be a shock to me, I expect them from Nene.

*

The school day comes to an end, I pack my bag up and walk to the exit of the classroom. Nene runs over to me, "Are we walking home together?" she asks as I nod. She smiles as she starts skipping ahead of me, I exit the school as Nene waits at the gate.

"Yuichi!" I hear someone shout from behind me. I turn around to see Aimi waving and running towards me, "Hey, do you mind if I get your number? I wanna get everyone's in the class," she says as she holds her phone out.

"I don't mind," I say as I grab her phone. I add my contact info and hand her phone back, she smiles as I just nod a bit.

"Oh, Nene! Can I get your number, too!" she shouts as she runs over to Nene at the gate. "Oh, thank you, Yuichi!" she turns and shouts back at me which I return it with a wave. I walk up to Nene once Aimi walked away, before Nene could skip away I grab onto her shoulder.

"What is it Yu?" she asks as she looks up at me.

"Your hair is tucked into your shirt," I tell her as I gently pull it out of her shirt. 

She smiles up at me, "Thanks, Yu! You can be very kind you know," she says as we walk together.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask as she just giggles. "Answer me, I don't understand."

"You know you can be quite cold and not care about a lot of things." 

"That's because Shigaraki raised me that way, I care towards you because you care about me, simple."

"Aw! You said another nice thing!"

"Anyways, Seishiro?"

"It's going great! We're going with Aimi, Chika, Rintaro, Kayoko and Kiwa to the mall on Saturday. Oh! You should come too, it might benefit the plan with Aimi right?"

"Yeah, I'll think about it," we reach her parent's apartment. We say our goodbyes and I watch her enter her apartment, I then walk back to my so-called home. I open the door to see Dabi, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki all sitting on the couch, "Sorry for interrupting, I'll take my leave."

"No, you're here at the perfect time," Shigaraki says as I put my bag down and sit next to Dabi. "How was today, did you get anything?"

"Nothing of importance, yet," I tell him as he sighs.

"It doesn't matter whether it's important or not, tell me," he demands.

"For one, she's not like Ground Zero but she has probably gotten training from him since she seems pretty strong. I don't know her quirk yet, that's all," I tell him as he groans.

"What about Seishiro?" Dabi asks as he turns to me.

"Well, Nene would know more than me but he seems to have taken a liking to her so she's making better process than me," I tell him as he nods, he seems happy with my answer. "I'm going to my room now."

"Yuichi, I'll be making dinner tonight. Is there a request for what you would like?" Kurogiri says as I think for a moment.

"Just make something good," I say as I close the door to my room. I fall onto my bed, I hug my pillow as I think of Aimi, I should try to think of how to capture her. Should I ambush her or should I - when I get closer to her - invite her over and have Shigaraki do as he pleases? I might have to go with the latter.

Word count: 1337