24 - INDEPENDENT MORNING.

【 FAITH 】

"RAAAAY!"

Emma's voice echoed inside the whole house and after a few seconds, we heard Mama's footsteps going downstairs, Gilda slightly opened the door and peek outside, she nodded then, get out of the door. I held Anna and Ray's hand as we silently walk, following Gilda. We were moving silently, waiting for Mama to leave the dining hall and get a extinguisher.

"Mama! Ray...Ray's in there!" We heard Emma's voice as she desperately call for Mama. It took a seconds before she was able to convince Mama that Ray was inside that fire. 

When we saw Mama run out from the dining hall, Gilda quickly moved and run downstairs, the five year olds follow her as they act and panic about the fire.

"Mama!" Gilda called, acting nervous and scared.

"Gilda! Please lead your siblings outside! Take care of the little ones in my bedroom, too!" Mama ordered, and that's when we start our plan. The others went downstairs while Me, Gilda, Anna, Don and Nat went back to Mama's room for the babies, we need to hurry up! Two babies each person!

The kids five to seven years old, which are the ones we will bring with us, run outside and go directly to the forest with Ray, while the five of us took care of the little ones. It didn't took a lot of time and after bringing the kids who were three years old below, we trusted Carol to Phil.

And told him to handle the things after we left. He nodded at me while tears coming out from his eyes.

"Take care...outside, I will wait for you," I hugged him and caress his backs.

"Yes of course, we will come back for you and other kids," I gave him a peck on his forehead and stood up.

"Let's go," I said, Phil waited for the other kids while we start running towards the forest. Me, Gilda, Don, Anna, and Nat run faster and look for the other kids.

"I feel nervous but this is fun," Nat spoke, what the heck he's also smiling as if we're not in the middle of a dangerous situation!

"This is a challenge with our life on the line, it's no fun, Nat!" Anna said said but he just shrugs his shoulder.

"Were the linens ready?" I asked, Nat and Don nodded their heads.

"I already tied it on the trees," Nat answered and I gave him a thumbs up, he respond with his pose and I just chuckled.

"Heeey! Faiith!" Dominic waved his hands to us and we did the same, I saw Ray on the back, holding his ears with a handkerchief.

"Anna, please tend Ray's wound," she nodded at me and I just smile, I turned my head to Ray as I smile at him, too.

We just need to wait for Emma.

I hope she's doing fine, we'll be really dead if Mama found it out this early. Our efforts these two months will be wasted if Mama figure us out. I held my chest and squeeze my uniform, I feel nervous, Emma's taking too much time.

"Faith, what's---"

"Oh! There she is!" Christy raised his hand and we saw Emma running towards our direction. I sighed in relief before I smile, she's waving her right hand while her left hand is holding the hankie that was pressed on her left ear.

"Emma, let's treat your---"

"No, let's do that on the top of the wall, let's go!" Emma said and we starts running again with Emma on the lead, Don and Ray are behind me and the other are kids following us.