19. Crumbling Defences

🎶Every time we touch, I feel this magic🎶

Chapter 19: Crumbling Defences

(ZAYNS POV)

She sent my heart to the stars. Cali absolutely captured me, drawing me in like she was some sort of magnet. Just holding her in my arms felt perfect. Our bodies fit together like two puzzle pieces. And you know what? I think I'm starting to love her. Not anything super big yet....but I think I am.

It's like I'm in between liking her and loving her-smack in the middle. But I don't want to love her. I'm trying to resist, to not love Cali as much as I think I'm starting to. Because this entire charade is forbidden.

I cant even like her in the first place, let alone totally fall for her. I know that eventually, we'll get caught. And eventually, we'll have to break up. And if I love her, it'll be so much harder to leave her. But resisting her was hard. So hard. Half of me has already fallen hard for her, and the other half's defences are crumbling quickly. She made me feel on top of the world like no girl ever had before.

The scary part of it was that I had walked myself into a big trap. A secret relationship that I wasn't supposed to have. And if We got caught, we'd both be In trouble. My mind couldn't sort out exactly what I wanted, but one option was clearer than the others. And that option spun all logic out of my brain.

I want Cali. And I want her, more than anything. I'll stay with her, at all costs. Even if that means falling in love, or even if we get caught.