Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Allen

The Angel who stole my heart by her first glimpse and the colleen in picture are one and the same. What a blessed coincidence! I fell in love with Harris's daughter? My happiness had no borders. The divinity's decree and my mysterious love seemed to have crossed their paths in a weird fashion of beer and skittles. Fate had been very kind to me and I cannot ask God for more.

That night I couldn't sleep, pleasured with the memories of Arianna, my Angel who had the power to rule the beats of my heart like a magic wand in her hand. I went to work dancing, embraced with a smile of a love struck fool. At exactly four in the evening I call her with many exultant thoughts occupying my mind. My pulse flares like I just ran a marathon. The feeling was unique that I had never experienced before, like I was a teenager proposing to his girl friend with a rose in his hand.

"Hello" came out a melodious voice from the other end after three rings. I shut my eyes tight and counted one two three.... "Hello Arianna I am Allen Rodriguez." I introduced myself in one stretch almost in a flutter but thank heavens she couldn't notice my nervousness on the phone. "You can come and pick me up after an hour because the function starts at six." She replied me after ten minutes of my rip roaring chat on how I know her father and her details including the phone number.

I went home and got dressed taking an age to get ready like a hormonal teen going on his first date. My hair was gelled and combed to perfection in a trim cut. I applied my favourite perfume of lemon and hue wearing cream coloured pants and a casual white button down shirt on top of it. I put on my rimless glasses and looked myself at the mirror giving an overview.

As a doctor I always preferred light coloured apparels that brought in me a pleasant appearance to my patients. Unlike today's generation I have not a single tattoo on my body because aptly speaking I had no time for such bullshit. Growing up for me had always been a lot of reading, study of encyclopaedias and preparing for quiz contests.

I am not a body builder but I only eat what is right for my body. So there is not an ounce of extra fat on my physique. I am tall lean exactly six feet and five inches and slightly muscled. I like early morning walks but being a doctor there is no fixed schedule as there are always emergencies and I have to rush to the clinic at the last hour.

Exactly ten minutes before five I was at the entrance of Harris's house. Ringing the bell I tap my foot on the ground feeling jitters of a reptile. In a couple of seconds a woman dressed in a uniform of black pants and white shirt opened the door. I introduced myself to her and sat down in one of the sofas sipping coffee while reading the morning daily.

"Hello Allen, did I keep you waiting for long?" The girl who invades my every dream stands in front of me in a pretty sky blue dress. Her blond hair was in a neat pony and eyes were the galvanizing blacks covered in thick lashes. Those natural pink plump lips felt mesmeric in a cupids bow. Arianna blushes slightly pulling her brims between her teeth as I assess her. What an adroit work of God! I thought. Surely he would have taken a lot of time to make this wonder.

I clear my throat and extend my hand for her to hold. "Shall we start?" During our way we chatted for some more time in my latest favourite Mercedes Maybach S650. "Boys and their toys" she mumbles and looks around my expensive master piece in awe. "You might be earning pretty much through your businesses. You are smart and handsome and that is why dad probably chose you for me." She compliments and I felt like I earned an Olympic medal for our nation. I told her a few more details about me except that I was a doctor. Harris told me Arianna had a phobia for hospitals but I am positive on my abilities that in a very short time I will wipe out all of her fears about medical centers. Fearing hospitals is unadvisable for her as her life is with a doctor, the wife of a world famous orthopaedic surgeon - Allen Rodriguez.

The graduation ceremony went superbly well. Except for missing her dad Arianna was happy receiving her degree. I was also excited I could not only represent her as a family but also succeeded in convincing her to meet her dad. After the ceremony she introduced me to some of her friends.

Among her friends was a man who appeared to be slightly older than her group of friends. He appeared to be like a rockstar with tattoos on his fore arms representing a particular band. Something about the man's looks towards Ari did not settle well with me. He gave Ari a creepy hand shake and attempted to kiss her. My head emitted vapours as I pull Ari instinctively behind me and glare at the flirt in an untold warning. I did not want to cause a scene on her special day otherwise I would have taught the muck a good full length lesson.

By the time the function concluded it was well past dinner time. I took Ari to one of the best fine dining fancy restaurant in the city. I ordered her favourite red velvet cake and a bottle of wine as a mark of celebration along with pot roast cob salad tater tots and for a sweet dish Key lime pie. "I think my belly is going to burst open. I ate more than my limit." Arianna mutters after finishing her dinner that I almost forced her to eat.

I smile eating a piece of cake. "That wasn't half of what you are supposed to consume. You need to eat more and healthy food with lot of proteins and carbohydrates that could gain you some weight along with energy." My doctor instincts take over. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear that was falling on her face and I had to control my instincts on what it would feel like to run my hand on those silky curls.

I drop her home in half an hour but before she exits the car I hold her hand to stop. "If that rockstar causes you any problem then let me know. I don't curse or hurt people with guns and bullets like your father. Just one injection is sufficient for the rogue to stay away from you." She eyes me suspiciously with her eyes scrolling on me head to toe. "What are you? You sound more like a doctor than a business man."

I clear my throat. "You have all your life to learn about me." Both of us get out of the car and I block her once again. "Ari wait a minute." I pull a red velvet box from my pant pocket and hold out a ring for her. "Should I propose to you falling on my knee?" I ask her with a modest smile playing my rims. "Every girl chases a dream on being proposed by her boyfriend. Though ours is an arranged marriage, if you have any wishes about wedding and engagement you can always let me know. I wouldn't least mind it."

She gulps inaudible extending her hand for me to hold. Her eyes held an inscrutable expression and I wondered what was going on in her mind. I slid the ring on her ring finger and holding her soft face in my hands I placed a chaste kiss on her lips. She stiffened under my touch and I pull away from the kiss meeting her eyes in surprise. The spark that was hither to in her optics was lost and emotions ventilating her irises weren't anywhere near romantic. On the contrary there appeared a fear like she was chased by some dreadful dream. My heart screamed something wasn't right but I ask her in expectancy blocking my direful thoughts.

"Are you happy with this marriage Ari?"

Hi Readers,
Do you think Arianna is happy marrying Allen Rodriguez?

Well he is smart, handsome, a man with a white coat on his shoulders, a dream of every girl.