Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Allen

Putting my hand on her shoulder I walk Ari to our mansion from the huge parking of my latest cars. "I am feeling dizzy Allen." Ari holds her head and complains as soon as we step into the foyer of our home. "Let me take you to the bedroom." I say and lift her bridal style in my arms before climbing the stairs. I gingerly place her on the bed and examine her eyes for any kind of possible anemia. "Lay down, I will come back in just a second." I tell her and bring the stethoscope from the living room, where I left it previously after work.

Holding the ear tube I place the ear buds of the stethoscope into my ears and clutch the diaphragm to her chest to examine the heartbeat. "Take a deep breath." I tell her and place my fingers on her wrist to examine the pulse. "You are good Ari, it is just a little bit of reeling because of weakness. You have not stepped outside the house since the time you came from hospital. Your body needs to acclimatize with the change. Shall I take you to a dinner or a movie today evening?" I ask her pushing away the strands of hair falling on her face and pinning them behind her ear.

"Umm" she wets her lips looking at me with uncertainty and I nod encouraging her to speak removing the jacket on top of her. "Can you take me to a park instead of a restaurant." Her voice was soft like the whisper of a Nightingale. "Of course my love, anywhere that you please."

I switch on the hot water for Ari to take bath. Adding soap I bring the water to bubbles to give a smoothening effect. "Come on Ari, let's get you a warm shower before going to the park to relax your nerves." I tell my wife and help her out of her clothes. Applying soap to my hands I wash and rinse her long locks. Cloaking my wanton concerns and burrying them in the deepest folds of the nub, I scrub the soap on her body from top to toe.

Wrapping a towel around her damp body, I dry, comb her hair in long free curls and help her with her clothes. After she was dressed I leave to the washroom to do my business. Putting my head under the shower I lay my hands on the wall, the warm water washing away my grief along its rivulets leading to the ground.

We sit on a bench beside a tree in the Central park. A few feet away, children were playing on a slide and a seesaw. Leaning back, my hand was stretched on the back of the bench behind Ari viewing in silence the fun of the little toddlers. "That baby" Ari points and alights to a sudden whimper that turns into deep wails. "Ari, calm down why are you crying my love?" I pat her back and anxiously wipe away the tears on her reddened cheeks. "Allen, our baby," she directs my hand to her belly and moves it on her stomach. "She was here, he killed her." She croaked hysterical. "He gave me forcefully those narcotic injections and killed her. Our princess....our princess would have been of that baby's age." She points to a mother holding a baby girl around three months, a few feet away from us and howls into my shoulder crumbling the shirt on my chest in her tight fists.

Clutching her head to my chest I run my hand soothing on her back. "Its okay Ari, it doesn't mean you can never become a mother again, my love. We will try again, probably that baby was not destined to be born." I try to reach her bold but couldn't succeed, refractorily choking in the end.

"I will just come in a minute, stay here." I tell her trying not to give away my emotions and run to the washroom getting nauseous to empty the contents of my belly before cracking to tears. To what stage of life had me and my wife landed to? I and Ari were a happy satisfied in our tiny world. Why is God testing us this much? Recovering myself, after taking a few minutes I wash my face in the sink, clean dry and come back to Ari. Putting a hand on her lower back I help her stand. "Where did you go?" She asks me placing a hand on my shoulder for support while I help her out of the seat.

"I saw a friend of mine and went there to talk to him." I tell her and bring the engine to life. The drive home was silent with both of us involved in our own thoughts concealing our pain from each other. I make some meat sandwiches, fruit pudding for dinner and feed Ari while I eat my own. I help her to the bed covering her in a duvet and kiss her forehead. "I have some important work to do, I will come home after an hour." I tell her and walk out of the room.

"Bloody bastard" I kick on his leg. "You wrecked my wife's life, she is a walking dead person today with zero emotions." I give blows on his stomach in tight fists making him to vomit blood. "She loved you, trusted you so much that she went against her dad and even thought of ending her life. And what did you give her in return?" I repeatedly give slaps on either side of his face. His features turn red covered in blood as his head hangs down from his neck. "You ravaged her, you destroyed her trust upon you, you killed our unborn child and ruined us." I pulled his hair holding his head back and punched his nose.

"Doctor wait," Dr Samuelson rushes beside me who had been treating Robert and his sister in keeping them alive for me since last seven months. He places his fingers on his neck to check the pulse and looks back at me with a shake of his head. "He is no more." I kick Robert once again on his chest allowing his chair to tumble back. "Fucking rogue died too early. He should have suffered more." I mutter leaving the doctor behind me in shock with his jaw hanged down.

I then march to the bitch who was unconscious tied in ropes to the chair next. "Cunning witch, wake up!" I blew Nancy's nose in a fist and she opens her eyes getting startled. "A good news to you, your brother died." I wink and pull her hairs twisting her head back. She yelps and begs with pain. "Please kill me along with my brother."

"Oh no! Don't attribute such dangerous words to me. I am a good boy." I tell her mocking hurt and placing a hand on my chest. "I did not kill him, he died on his own, the sun of a whore died too early." I grind my teeth speaking the ending words. Nancy blazes her eyes in anger at me, her lips wrapped in a thin line. "Now that's disobedience and I don't tolerate indiscipline." She screeches in pain as I pull her hairs. "Please do not curse our mother. My parents are innocent. They do not know anything about what we did to Ari." I slap on her cheek and growl like a hungry lion. "Don't even utter her name from your dirty mouth. Now taking my wife's name, you ruffled my feathers. Which part of your body is still in workable condition?" I utter my ending words too low but only for her to hear. She shivers trying to push her chair away from me.

"Oh so that leg still works well for you." I point to her left leg. "No" she screams. "Don't you dare to scream, you dirty rat." I take one slow menacing step towards her and twist her knee. Nancy squalls in ache, her body trembling like bits of paper under a fan. "There goes my work, successfully accomplished." I sneer at her in an imperiling chortle and walk out of the underground warehouse in long confident steps with my hands pinned inside my pant pockets.

I start the ignition about to drive back to my house when I get a call from Samuelson. "Yes Samuel," I put the engine on drive and put him on the speaker. "Doctor she is dead." My lips stretch from ear to ear and I mumble the song 'died in your arms' by Cutting crew. "Good, both of them are dead at the same time and made our work easy. Parcel the bodies to the parents and lock the warehouse." I reply to him ecstatic.

"Hmm" I drum my fingers on my steering listening to the stereo of Ari's favorite song 'Love on top' by Beyonce. "You can take leave for the next twenty days and report back to me on fifteenth of next month. Till then have a wonderful holiday Samuel." I tell him and disconnect the call.