4. Like Father, Like Son

Chapter Four

The silence had lasted for way longer than Tupac and Michael had originally wanted it to.

Neither of them even knew how to start the conversation to begin with. And that was the weirdest thing.

They had never really experienced an awkward silence between them before.

The silence was then broken when Tupac had told his father that he was most certainly not starting the conversation, causing Michael here to sigh to himself before saying anything else.

So Tupac had started the conversation by telling him he was not going to start the conversation basically.

"Tupac... I have literally just talked to your brothers and they all think I'm being a bit too hard on you."

"You are, dad," Tupac had deadpanned looking away from him as much as possible. "Why do you hate me so much?"

That was a good question.

But the thing was.

Michael didn't even hate him to begin with at all.

Far from it.

He had liked all of his children equally, but he was just a lot stricter on Tupac because he was the oldest, plus he was also an ex criminal as well.

When their mother was still alive, she had bailed him out of jail. Now that she was gone, Michael here had felt extremely empty inside so was therefore less lenient on his children as a result of this fact alone.

"If I've made you feel that way, I'm really sorry," Michael had apologised candidly. "It's just that sometimes you do some things that really annoy me, so obviously I have to yell at you for it. If I don't discipline you and your brothers for what you do wrong, then it means that I don't love you guys, and I do. Way too much. We're an all male household here, especially after your mum's demise, so we all therefore gotta stick together at all times."

That was officially the longest and most powerful thing that Michael had ever said.

In fact, screw the word today.

Of all time.

Tupac had felt guilty for making Michael feel guilty, after all, everything was his fault in the first place so he shouldn't have said what he had said.

"I'll try and change my behaviour for the better, I promise. And I'm saying all of this because I know my brothers look up to me and all that. I'm sorry for all the times I've annoyed you in the past. I was going to say if I've annoyed you in the past, but I most definitely have, and vice versa too but mainly the former."

They had then hugged each other tightly after that, and they had also simultaneously agreed to try and never annoy each other again... although come to think of it, that was impossible.

So they had therefore agreed to try and annoy each other as little as possible.

Tupac had then asked his father if he could have gone to the concert with Notorious as well as Nate Dogg now, which Michael had agreed to, smiling in the process.

"But after the concert, you come straight home, you understand that? I don't want you doing anything stupid, considering how you're an ex criminal and everything."

"Chill, dad. I'm 18, I don't need no curfew," Tupac had grumbled, annoyingly rolling his eyes at him before continuing his speech. "And I won't do anything stupid, I promise."

Then he was pretty much off after that after unlocking his door and heading out of his room for good.

Before that though, he had inevitably said bye to his brothers, as it would have been considered rude if he had just left the house without saying goodbye to anyone in the process.

Now it was just him, The Notorious BIG, Nate Dogg & the concert. Nothing could have stopped any of them now.

Hopefully, anyway.

No one knew what the future was all about, including these three people themselves.