Chase

The next day

Creed's POV

"Charges are set." I said through a transmission Pod 042 displayed for me

"Understood I found 2B, Nines and A2." replied Avery

"Are the traps ready?" I asked

"Yea, 4S is in position." she replied

"Let's do this then."

I left the factory and moved to Avery's position. I saw the three and I got ready to run.

"Avery now." I said through the transmission

A loud explosion rang through the factory and a ball of fire erupted. It got the attention of other androids nearby and they ran towards the factory.

I left my BCM CQB-11 and sword back at the village so that I could run faster, all I had was my Glock. I then sprinted out and they spotted me and immediately drew their swords. I began to sprint through the city and I saw Avery take a couple shots at the three and as expected A2 ran off towards Avery while 2B and Nines ran after me.

'Damn it, even without my gun and running at my full speed, they're still fucking fast.'

"Pod where to next?" I asked

"Take the second left turn." he replied

I ran and took a left turn into an alley. I looked behind me and saw 2b and Nines gaining up on me.

"Shit how much further?!" I yelled

"450 meters away." he said

I ran and jumped over a tree, good thing I learned parkour. I rolled over a debris that was blocking my way but tripped when I got back up. I quickly got up and started running just in time before 2B's sword impaled me. I ran across a stream and under the freeway as fast as I could. I could hear 2B's high heels clicking on the ground behind me. I pulled out my Glock and started shooting at the ground and it slowed her down a bit.

"225 meters." said Pod 042

I then tripped over something and fell into the stream. I tried getting up but 2B grabbed my hair and slammed my face into the water.

"Pod!" I yelled when 2B lifted my face

He started shooting at Nines at 2B but they all missed and they quickly ran to cover. I got up and ran again but all my clothes were wet and it slowed me down so 2B and Nines were able to catch up to me. 2B sprinted in front of me and blocked my path while Nines was behind me.

"Pod, how many meters?" I asked

"100 meters." he replied

"Straight?" I asked

"Yes."

I sprinted to my left and ran into a building. I started climbing up the staircase with 2B and Nines close by. I got up to the roof and looked around before turning to my left and ran across the roof. I jumped and landed on another roof of a building. Nines and 2B also jumped across and were still on my tail.

"50 meters in the alley on your right."

I got to the edge of the roof and slid off the edge and fell down and went straight through a window on the 2nd top floor of the next building. 2B and Nines were able to do that too and they ran after me. I climbed down the stairs and out the building. I crossed the stream again and I was just outside the alley. I quickly turned around and shot at 2B hitting the ground and Nines was now in front of 2B.

'Perfect.'

I ran into the alley and saw the trip wire so I jumped over it but not so much where it was noticeable. I looked behind and saw Nines trip over the wire and a rope grabbed his ankle and lifted him up into the air. I smiled but then 2B feet came smashing into my face and my head hit the wall. I laid down there and 2B picked me up by the throat and lifted me up off of my feet. Her hand around my neck squeezed and I couldn't breathe.

"P-Pod..." I whispered

Pod 042 came crashing into 2B and she fell a couple feet away from me. I gasped once she let go of me and started coughing. I got up and looked up to see 4S knocking out Nines and grabbing his body. I ran away and into the building 4S was in, losing 2B in the process.

"Are you okay?" asked 4S

I nodded and picked up Nines' unconscious body. We left the building but waiting outside was 2B but she looked mad.

"Give. Back. Nines." she growled

"She can talk?" I asked

"That's new." said 4S

"Must. Kill. Creed." growled 2B

"Oh god, she's not herself." I whispered

Then bullets started hitting the ground in front of 2B and she backed up.

"Run!" yelled a voice

I looked to my left to see Avery shooting her gun. We run away towards Avery and then blow up a sector of a building and it comes down behind us, blocking 2B from getting to us.

"When did you set that up?" I asked

While we were setting up the traps. We didn't have an escape route." replied Avery

Avery looks at Nines while running and smiled.

"Let's go and save him."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later

"Are you sure about this 4S?" asked Avery

"Yes I'm sure about this." he replied

"Take care of him while he's inside." I told Pod 042

"Will do." he replied

"How long do you think it's going to take?" asked Avery

"I don't know, but this is a complicated virus, maybe a long time, an hour or two." he replied

"How do we know if you're not dead?" I asked

"Well if I die in there I will wake up again." replied 4S

I nodded and looked at 4S.

"If you get infected, then everything is lost, not just mankind but this world." said Avery

4S nodded and looked at both of us.

"I'll bring back 9S, I promise." said 4S

"Please." replied Avery

"Wait but let's say you do successfully hack 4S can you hack into 2B and A2?" I asked

"No, each android has a different working virus so it'll probably operate a bit differently." said 4S

"Then what are we going to learn from hacking into 9S?" I asked

"Probably how to find the overall cure. I'll look for that as well." said 4S

I nodded and looked at Nines and back at 4S.

"Good luck there." I said

"Be safe." said Avery

"I will." replied 4S

He looks at 4S and then all of a sudden collapses onto the ground.

"Now we wait." said Avery