𝔸𝕦𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

A/N ok ok I know it's only Thursday and I post every Friday but I have a football game Friday which means band practice basically all day. So here ya go :)

Cuori's POV
I took a deep breath. Is this the right decision? Probably not. I was prepared though, and I've always wanted to play Riff, so why not give it a shot? I walked into the auditorium to be met with a lot of kids. Like, a lot. I hadn't told anyone that I was auditioning, but I knew Davey was.

Flashback
"Shiner's auditioning for Maria!" Davey told me.
I squealed. "You HAVE to go out for Tony!"
He shook his head. "Me? Play Tony? No." He laughed.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! C'mon Dave! You could kiss her!" I teased. Davey's face flushed with color.
"If I do decide, that's not the reason." He glared at me, picking up a flier. "But I'll give it a shot."
End of le flashback

I was mainly here for the dance portion, hoping and praying Mrs. Hannah didn't make me sing. She probably would. She caught me once playing the piano and singing after school and had been pushing me to try out for a musical ever since. That was two years ago. I casually walked over to Shiner and Davey.

"Hey guys!" I smiled.
"Oh hey C. Wait. C!?" Shiner responded, looking up at me.

"Finally got the courage huh?" Jack called from the stage, bringing most of the attention to the two of us.

"See you still haven't!" I called back. Jack rolled his eyes and went back to spiking the stage. Jack worked tech along with many of the other guys.

Race and Albert were auditioning for the musical only because West Side Story was their favorite movie. They HAVE to watch it every movie night.

"I'm just auditioning for Riff so it's not that big of a deal." I shrugged.

Shiner's mouth fell to the floor. "Not that night of a deal?! C, this is huge!" Davey laughed at Shiner's enthusiasm.

"Break a leg C!" Davey said before returning to warming up with a girl on the piano. I think her name was Katherine? But I couldn't quite remember.

"Alright everyone! We are going to get started!" Hannah called out. "We are gonna start with Riff auditions."

~time skip brought to you by a very lazy author~

I stepped out of the auditorium breathless and in need of water. I'm glad they got the singing out of the way first or I don't think I would have been able to. I was really rooting for Davey. If I had to choose anyone to be Tony, it would be him.

"I didn't know you could do that." Spot scared me so badly I nearly choked on my water.
"Jesus! Don't do that!" I laughed. "You were in there for that train wreck?"

He smirked. "I'd hardly call it a train wreck. That was amazing! If you don't get that part I might riot."

I laughed, "Sure. You do that." Spot tensed, suddenly looking past me with a death glare. I turned around to see Ace walking towards me.
"Well shit."

"Fuck off Ace." Spot sneered.

"Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He said.

I turned to him. "Yeah, you shouldn't have. But ya did. So here we are." I snapped.

Ace looked hurt for a second before the hurt turned into anger. He glanced back at Spot.

"See you've already moved on." He glared.
I scoffed. "Excuse-" I was cut off by Spot hooking his arm with mine.

"Yes she has. Now fuck. Off." Spot threatened.

My heart was beating out of my chest and a very obvious blush was on my cheek. Ace rolled his eyes before turning and storming off.

"Hey C, they need you back in here. Somethin' about a chemistry test with Davey." Jack said.

He noticed me and Spot and smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. Spot unhooked his arm from mine, the moment ending too soon.

"Don't try me Kelly." Spot glared, but I could tell he didn't mean it. I walked into the room to find everyone had left, except for Davey who was on the stage looking eager and nervous. I climbed up the stairs to the stage.

"Hello again Cuori!" Mrs Hannah greeted me happily. "We have you here because we are considering you for the roles of Tony and Riff. We are doing a chemistry test, and then you can be on your way."

I exploded with happiness as Davey and I exchanged a glance. Jack and Spot were in a conversation and Spot kept stealing looks at me. We ran through the one scene where Riff tells Tony about the rumble, then a few other scenes as different characters that heavily interact. We left the audition with stupid smiles on our faces.

"Well?" Race and Albert were by my side in a matter of seconds. I opened my mouth to tell them, but was cut off by someone once again.

"Hey Higgins!" Oscar called down the hall. "See ya still hangin' around these nerds." He smirked. Wow. That's the best he's got? I've been called that since kindergarten.

"I'm a nerd myself, thank you." Race said matter-of-factly. Sticking his cigar in his mouth, he stepped closer to the two. "But call my friends that and we'se got a problem."
Oscar scoffed.

"We've had a problem for a while Racer, which is why we'se here."

I exchanged a nervous look with Shiner. We knew what was about to go down. Jack walked lazily over to the group, stepping in between Race and Oscar before something happened. Jack cocked an eyebrow and jerked his head asking them to go on.

"A rumble." Morris spoke up. "Your gang against ours. How 'bout closing night of West Side Story. If ya even get in." He rolled his eyes.

"You didn't even try out!" Shiner yelled. Albert tackled his sister, covering her mouth. He didn't want her to get into anything.

"Where will dis be takin' place?" I tried to give a sign to Jack to shut up and move on. Rumbles were dangerous and I didn't want anyone getting hurt.

"Park, after da show." Morris said.

"And what's in it for us?" Jack asked. Morris rolled his eyes at the many questions.

"Just a test to find out who's better." Oh so we're going to risk our lives for a battle to see who's the better gang. Brilliant.

"See you'se there." Jack exited the school and we followed quickly behind.