ℂ𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕤

A/N the groupchat demanded an update and I was bored :)

Spot's POV (fancy)
"Are you mad?!" Race ranted.

"I'm perfectly fine, thanks." Jack retorted opening the door to the diner.

"Kelly, you can't just rush inta this! Lives are at stake! Lives, ya hear me?" I whacked him upside the head.

"Aw, shut up Spot, this ain't your fight." Jack retorted.

I crossed my arms stopping next to him. "And what if I says it is? Ya need help. Morris and Oscar have probably more kids than you do! I got a couple of guys that could step in for you'se because by the looks of it, this fight ain't in your favor." I scanned the group of teens over.

"Shut it, Spot." Race threw his cigar at me. I caught it and threw it in the trash. Race dove after it. Disgusting.

I slid into the booth next to Cuori. I would never admit but, I was starting to take a liking to this girl. She was smart, talented, pretty, no. Why was I thinking these things? I don't know what this feeling was, but it was stronger than anything I had ever felt. Poetic, am I right?

"Jack, you really think about this. None of us can even fight!" Cuori made a point.

"Yes we can!" He argued back.

"The best fighter we have is Race and he is currently dumpster diving for a cigar." She pinched the bridge of her nose, gesturing over to Race, who was halfway in the trash can now. Jack tried to counter, but just sighed and set his head down on the table.

"You're right. This was a bad idea." He groaned. The table erupted into a chorus of 'well duh's' and other statements.

"If anyone gets hurt I'm blaming you." Cuori stated plainly.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Jack waved her off.

"So when does the cast list get published?" Finch asked obviously in a desperate attempt to change the topic of the conversation.

"Surprisingly, Friday. Which is a lot sooner than I would have guessed." Davey informed the group.

I looked over at Cuori, noticing she seemed extremely nervous. "Don't worry about it. Ya did great." I smirked. I never smile. It's weird, I know, but I never have smiled and probably never will.

She looked up at me "Really? Ya think I'll get it?"

I nodded. "For sure."

She beamed. That smile was definitely fit for the stage. One of my sisters was an actress so I knew a thing or two.

"I got it!" Race came back to the table. He was about to put the cigar back in his mouth but Medda yelled at him.

"Racetrack you put that back now!" She scolded.

Race threw a mini tantrum before tossing the cigar back in the trash. He slid into the booth next to me.

"Awww it's ok Racey." Cuori teased. He stuck his tongue out at her getting her to laugh lightly. Her laugh was amazing. It was soft and delicate, perfect, and- "Hey Spot?" Cuori's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I was thinking of trying something new next tomorrow for tutoring, so..." she trailed off.

"That's fine! As long as you don't kidnap me." I playfully glared.

She shook her head. "Why would I do that?"
I shrugged. "Just a thought."

I stole glances at her every few minutes as we sat there, hoping no one would notice, but they did.

"Dude. Ya gotta stop staring." Race flicked a curly fry at me.

"I'm not starin'!" I defended.

"Ah shuttap. You totally are!" He teased.

"Higgins, I will soak you." I threatened.

"Betcha won't. Not after you realize that youse totally got the hots for Cuori." Race fidgeted with his jacket. I took another quick look at Cuori. Maybe I do.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"So where exactly are we going?" I asked Cuori from the passenger seat of her car. She had told me to meet her after school by her car with my things yesterday so I didn't bother driving today.

"You'll see!" She smiled.

"Alright you're definitely kidnappin' me." I deadpanned.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Totally Spot. I'm kidnapping you." I laughed at her sarcasm.

After about five more minutes she parked the car. "I noticed you haven't been focusing as well so here is my best attempt to help clear your head." She said.

I took in the view. We were parked on the edge of a cliff that looked out over Manhattan. You could hear the cars beeping in the small burough and see almost every alley in it.

"Wow! This is amazing! How did you know about this?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Dad used to take me up here." She hesitated as if looking back on the memory. "It really helped me calm down. I come here a lot by myself when I need a break from everything. Which is a lot more now than ever."

"Used to?" I questioned.

She stuck her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket. "Used to. And I don't like talkin' about it." she said briskly.

I nodded, pulling out my folder, and we quickly got to work. Cuori was right, this was a good place to clear your head. Push everything away for a while.

"You excited for the cast list to come out?" I asked her as she was skimming through homework of her own.

"Who wouldn't be? But I honestly think that girl Brooke is gonna get Riff." She said sadly.
I scoffed.

"Brooke? Please! She was so stiff! No chemistry at all with anyone that wanted to be Tony. Plus she can't sing nearly as well as you, her time step is off, and her vibrato is messy."

Cuori looked at me in awe. "How- how do you know what any of that means?" Her facial expression turned to one of regret as soon as she asked. "I don't mean it like that! I just thought like, oh I'm Spot Conlon I play football I don't do musically thingys!" She copied a deeper voice, clearly trying to impersonate me.
I laughed, and more than just a small chuckle but a genuine laugh. What is this girl doing to me?

"My sister's an actress. You don't know half of the pre-audition jitters I have had to sit through." I shook my head looking back on the memory of my sister. She was something else. I missed her a lot. She moved away to California not too long ago.

"Really?" Cuori perked up.

"Yeah. She's trying to get booked right now." I told her.

"That's so cool! But we're getting off topic." She laughed, returning back to her own homework. It really wasn't even tutoring anymore, more hanging out and being productive. But I oddly enjoyed hanging around with her. The session ended and we headed back to town.