prologue

A/n: This is my first story. There will be some grammatical mistakes too but believe me it will be worth reading. So please just give it a chance.

Every day start with a new hope. New hope of getting happiness, new hope of having a better day then the day before, new hope of having all the goals for a day done and new hope of ending it on a good note.

   Like every other person my day also starts with waking up, taking shower, having breakfast, doing some house chores but there is a change... not going to school like a normal teenager. Yes I have never been to school ever in my life. I have been homeschooled for my whole life. I have never been out of my house, if you call going out of my house with my dad to my grandmother home which is just half an hour away, going out then may be I have been. But not more than this.

Everything was going alright I was allowed to go out of my house freely, I was allowed to play with my friends in the park. But it all changed one day when I was 5. Me and my dad were out. We were in my new school for my admission and my mom was at home, she was not with us because she wasn't feeling well so we left her at home.

         After all the procedures of getting admission and everything we were done around 2:00 PM and were on our way to home. When we reached our home I hop out of the car jumping with my bag with new books that we bought on our way back, to show my mom and to tell her that from tomorrow I will be going to school.

I reached to the front door of our home and opened it and ran to kitchen to find my mother to tell her about everything, but when I reached to the kitchen I screamed seeing my mother laying on the floor with pool of blood around her. My father came running and when he saw what was in front of us he froze.

That was the worst day of my life after that we left that place and went somewhere else, a small town in New Orleans away from everyone only my grandmother knows where we live. My dad was too afraid to let me out ever he thinks that I will get hurt or worse get killed and he don't want to loose me too so that was the reason I was homeschooled and never let out like normal people.

I respect that but sometimes it gets so hectic seeing same two people every day, my dad and my nanny Ms.Mary, she is a middle aged women. She is a very kind lady and loves me like her own she lives alone, she does not have anyone in her life and lives a few block away from us. She do our house chores , make food for us and takes care of me when my father is not around. Sometimes I also help her in doing chores, as I don't have anything to do except from reading books or watching TV.

My 18th birthday is in a week and I am planning on asking a bigger wish this time. It's the only time of the year where I can ask my dad anything and he won't refuse. It's not like that he hasn't provided me anything, he is the best dad in the world he has given me everything I have ever wanted without me saying but there is only one thing he never gave me and that is what i will be asking this time and I hope he will give me this maybe just for a day but I really want it.