chapter 23

"I don't know" I replied still shocked.

I can't decipher what just happen. Why would he hate me so much just because of my mother. There is something else too.

"Let's have some lunch" Xander said while taking my hand in his and pulling me towards the dining table but I was still in my thoughts. He stopped and turned towards me.

"Hey you don't have to worry about what just happened. I promise it will not happen again. Okay?" I can see concern in his eyes.

"Okay" I smiled a bit to ease his worry and that did it, he also smiled back.

We both sat at table, he on the head chair and me on his left side. Lunch was being served, when we were about to finish. I started

"Xander can I ask you something?"

"Yes" he smiled at me and I felt stupid for asking such a question.

"Is there something wrong with you and your father? I mean other than our marriage?"

He looked at me for a moment and then his face expression changed from happy to pain then to anger to his usual emotionless face that I haven't seen from days but now it was back.

"Hey you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.. " I started but he didn't listen he just stood from his chair and went out of the main door.

"Xander" I was calling for him but he wasn't listening, I started going after him but he wasn't listening. When I reached at the main door. I saw him going in his car and out the door. And I stood there still.

"Did I ask something wrong?" I murmered to myself.

I stood there for 5 long minutes unable to move from my place, I saw Mason coming toward me. He didn't saw me at first but when he saw me standing there he looked at me for a moment and then he abruptly moved his gaze down.

"Hi Mason" I said still thinking about Xander.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked worried when he look at me again.

"Yeah, I am okay" I fake smiled.

"Mason can I ask you something? And you have to be honest about that" i asked.

"Umm yes" he was unsure and looked at his left and right like he was looking for someone. I couldn't understand his behavior he was never like that. Then why he is acting like that now.

"Is something wrong between Xander and his father?"

He got still for a moment then he composed himself and turned serious. I have never seen him this serious.

"It would be better if you will ask him about that" he said.

I didn't know what to say so I just said
"Okay" and I changed the topic of our conversation but I think what I asked was worst than what I asked before because his face turned grim.

"Where were you? I didn't see you after that day and I thought we were friends" I said that in a joking manner but I didn't know he would be that affected because he didn't looked in my eyes and excused himself

"I think I should go, Xander would not like it if he knew I am talking with you because at the end it would be me who would be in trouble" with that said he turned and left me standing there.

I couldn't understand what he was on about. What it is to do with Xander, I will ask him about this for sure.Today Is the worst day of my life. And I then went towards our room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's 12 at night and Xander is still not home. I am worried about him, he never does that. On top of that he is not even answering my call. He is the one who calls me after every hour to know whether I am alright and now after about 11 hours he hasn't even called me once. May be he is in danger. I shouldn't have asked him that. I am so stupid. I was blaming my self when the door of the room opened and in came Xander. I stood from the bed and marched towards him. I don't know why but I got angry after seeing him, not before making sure he is alright, I started yelling at him.

"Why would you do that? Why were you not picking up my calls? You know how worried I was. No , how could you know. You don't care about anyone. I was so hurt when you went after not saying even a word. I will not ask you something like that again but don't you dare do that again with me" in the end the dam in my eyes broke which I was controlling since afternoon and I started sobbing.

He on the other hand was shocked for a moment and then he composed himself and comes to his senses when he saw me crying. He took me in his arms.

"I am so so sorry, I didn't realize what I was doing until I came back. My phone was dead and that's why I couldn't pick your calls. I am sorry. Please don't cry tesoro. I am so sorry" he said while caressing my back. After some time I composed my self and pulled away from him. He wiped my tears away.

"Where were you all day?" I asked my voice hoarse due to all the crying.

"I uh I- was " he stuttered and that's the first time he stuttered in front of me.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I will not force you" his face broke into a breathtaking smile.

"I want to tell you everything but I don't know what you will think after knowing"

"You can tell me anything and I promise I will not judge" I assured him.

"Okay" he said.

"Tomorrow I want to take you somewhere. Will you go with me?" He asked unsure if I would refuse him.

"Ofcourse I will go with you" I said with a smile.

He smiled back. Suddenly I remember something and I asked him.

"What did you say to Mason? And i want you to tell me the truth" i said sternly.

"Oh about that " he said scratching the back of his neck.