Chapter Fourteen

Getting to the airport,a car was arranged for us and we went through the city,it was just so beautiful nothing to be compared to my country."Wow this is so beautiful".i said." I guess you did be hungry now ".Daniel said and I nodded in affirmation, I was really hungry,I would take you to an African traditional restaurant,over here it's all about sausages,burgers,and slimy stuffs, I don't think you would want to eat that on your first day landing here,he said and we both chuckled.The atmosphere here was so cool,though it was very cold and I had to clad myself in heavy jackets,but I really loved it as compared to the hot sun always beaming on us,we got to the restaurant and I didn't spare my food at all,I put the cutlery aside,and used my hands to make justice to the banku and okra soup,though it didn't taste like home,but it was better to eat something you are familiar with.Daniel was only stealing glances at me,trying to control himself not to laugh,luckily everyone around us was just minding their own business,"Would you prefer the apartment offered through your scholarship or you wouldn't mind staying with us",Daniel asked searching through my eyes."Still not settled on that yet," I said.
"But I guess you would spend the night with my dad and I".Daniel asked.
"Yep, it's my first time, I want everything familiar around me "I said and gulped down a glass of water. I quickly washed my hands and applied a hand cream,I didn't want anyone I meet on the way getting the smell of the food I ate.
"Excuse me, I would like to use the washroom" I rose up straightening my dress and heading towards a waitress,I whispered to her ears to show me the direction towards the washroom,which I got to with much ease,upon getting in there, I applied my makeup and combed my hair.
By the time I got to the table,Daniel had ordered for desert already.

"How did you know I loved butter crackers stuffed in strawberry ice cream", I asked.

"I have seen you eat that several times anytime we went for shopping ",he replied.

We had a brief conversation,which made me laugh till my cheeks hurt.

"Why don't we cruise around a bit",he asked.

"I feel tired and all I want to do is to sleep", I said shutting my eyes,opening them and rolling them again to indicate that I was sleepy.

"Sure,then we got to get going then ",He said. I quickly stood up ,picked my purse and made it to the car.Before I knew I had dozed off in the car. I felt a light kiss on my lips which jolted me out of my sleep.

"We are home ",he said smiling.

I actually frowned at him and pinched him hard

"Don't wake me up in that manner again" I said and got out of the car without waiting for him to open the door for me,as usual.

The house is so beautiful and huge,it looked like an island, I can't even describe the magnificent building that stood right before me,it was just so beautiful. I couldn't stop looking around and admiring everything my eyes set upon.My step dad could be very very rich,there are so many maidens here,guards were here as well, and I could tell that there was a high security here,almost everything is digital,we entered the building and the doors opened for us without anyone holding it,well I felt I was in a fairy land,or I was probably dreaming again.

"This place is so beautiful" I exclaimed.

"You haven't seen anything yet, I think mom didn't tell you how much rich your step dad could be,she's too lucky",Daniel said shaking his head and giggling.

"So where's my step dad", I asked

"Just received a message that he's gone on a trip to Australia for business,he would be back tomorrow.The maidens would take care of you,just feel at home",Daniel said sounding very formal.

That night I lay in bed thinking a lot,I had already started missing everyone,life could actually spin around just in a twinkle of an eye,here I was sleeping in a queen sized bed,almost everything was here and looking through the glass huge windows was so beautiful,so much pleasure,so much luxury.Just when I was about shutting my eyes,my phone beeped,it was Daniel he sent me a good night message but I was too sleepy to read the message, I placed the cell on my bedside drawer and fell asleep.

Wow, I can see a little progress I hope you do😹,don't forget to tap the little star button down there,it's a life saver😹😹😹 ,And again don't forget to vote please please please 🌸😘