Chapter twenty-two

It's midnight I left my room and headed downstairs everyone is asleep.There was no sign that a birthday party took place it's only the gifts that lies in the hall reminding me of the events that went on at the party, I was a little tipsy,I took in a little alcohol from Dad's glass I only tasted it to feel how it was but it took me out of control of my emotions.My head aches a little,I was still claded in my night gown,it was a short and sleeveless top,revealing a little of my thighs, I took gentle steps towards the pool side the wind was so chilly as it blew past my face, I was a little tipsy as I said earlier but I could remember that kiss,it was magical it took me to the other side of the world, I was willing to give Maxwell a chance but my heart isn't there for him like it is for Daniel, I am in love with Daniel but I don't want to give him that chance, I want him to remain my step brother and nothing else,oh gosh this is so frustrating I said and run my hands through my short kinky hair and let out a breathe I needed to do something even though Daniel hasn't said anything about his feelings but they are visible and he shows them in different ways,I slidded through the pool's stairs the water was so cold that my body trembled,but I didn't bother,I realized that I still had my night wear on,it wasn't a bother to me either,my mind was clouded now so many things running through my mind, I have never known what I wanted it was always that confusion and here I was in a big mess,who does my heart choose,my body is willing for Maxwell but my heart and soul for Daniel,soon as I was sinking deep very deep everything seemed blare before my eyes,but now I was completely out of my body.

I opened my eyes and shut them again I was so weak and couldn't breathe, I flipped them open again and the sun's rays burnt my eyes, I looked around me I was in my bed and in my bedroom,I looked to my right side and there he sat with his head in his palm,could he be crying or maybe he is thinking.

"Daniel ", I whispered his name.

He quickly stood up drawing close to me.
"Mari,are you ok,how do you feel now ",he said with his voice trembling.

"I thought you don't care about me anymore ", I said.

"Don't be silly is that why you drowned yourself??",he asked firmly.

"I was overthinking ", I said and looked away.i tried getting up on my own but I was so weak

"Let me help you",Daniel said hurrying to my side.

"Just leave me alone would you,why are you so caring,why are you always there,just go please go"I said angrily, pointing towards the door,with tears running down my face.
He knelt down before me and said "I would go but I want to tell you one thing just one thing,stay away from Maxwell."He said,stood up and walked away immediately.