Chapter Seventeen

My phone beeped, I picked it up.A message from the university.School begins on Monday and it's Saturday,I haven't told anyone about my plans to move to the hostel. I sipped my juice absent mindedly,it was a bit warm today, I was in a summer shirt and shorts,it's funny I dressed this way,looking myself in the mirror I laughed till my cheeks hurt,it wasn't nice on me, I actually looked like a farmer cause it was just so baggy on me.From afar I saw Daniel approaching and quickly picked the story book and buried my face into it,pretending to be reading,he drew a seat and sat on the opposite side of the table where he can face me properly.

"I think you have chosen to read your book upside down today ".he said giggling.
I realized he was right cause actually the letters in the book were staring at me upside down, I slowly put the book down and sipped more of my juice ignoring him.
"You have ignored my calls and messages and here I am in person,you can't ignore me",he said drawing his chair much closer.
"Can you please sit where you are,I think I need much air to breathe" I said quickly and that didn't stop him.
"I could hear your heartbeat,what's wrong??"He said drawing more closer."The first time you saw me,you collapsed and every passing day we are together, I can always hear your heartbeat".

"I think yo..your he..art might be deceiving you,I mean your ea..rrr..ss."I said stammering.

"What's wrong,are you allergic to me??"he asked.
"I think so "I said quickly.
He held my wet palms then asked "Tell me the truth,do you have feelings for me".
I quickly withdrew my hands, and stood up,he saw my baggy dress and smiled.
"You look beautiful ",he said.
I frowned and stormed into the house. I met dad at the hall,he wanted to take me out that we could have time together alone. I was relieved by that and entered the house to get dressed.My phone rang it was mom.We spoke a little while on a video call,she stated she was coming over the following month. I told her about my plans to stay at the hostel and only come home for vacation.She wasn't happy about that but she was okay with my decision. I quickly went through my clothes and found a pink jump suit, I picked a white heels,entered the bath,washed my trimmed hair,after the bath I applied a gel to my hair making it soft and nice,and run a comb through it, I got dressed,put on flying earrings,applied a lip gloss,no makeup and picked up my purse, I applied a perfume, and I loved what
I saw in the mirror,simple but beautiful. I descended the stairs only to see dad waiting in the hall.Daniel sat in a couch going through papers he had to sign,he only looked up at me and smiled and went back to what he was doing.
"A jewel I have found from a treasure,you look so so beautiful",dad said proudly.
My mind went back to my dad,would he had said those words to me,my eyes were filled with tears and I blinked to avoid them from falling.

🥺please vote for me bby🤗