Chapter Twelve

trol_diyari ,Awoe2Nam Safiat010  and all who patiently read through to this chapter I am honestly grateful thanks so much,I dedicate this chapter to you.

Months had passed with so many happenings,preparation towards the scholarship,getting a passport to travel abroad,meeting my mom,my mom losing her baby,my aunt gaining her strength,Kate,aunt's daughter receiving an award on speech and price giving day for being the best student academically,me also,for being the best overall best student with good grades in my year group,I won a laptop,headsets and other personal gadgets.The wrapper I received at the headmaster's office was a smart phone,very expensive I guess.Sorry I didn't take you through all the happy moments.

I had left Aunt's place and now staying in a glamorous house in which I feel like a small fish in a big pond,Living in the same house with complete strangers who see you as a jewel is pretty hard.The house is so huge with almost everything in it.My mom told me that,after she had me and had left me in the care of aunt and left abroad,she remarried a white man,which she says they were so much in love,but anytime she got pregnant,she had a miscarriage and for 16 years she has no second child,she had never forgotten me,and she kept searching for me cause she lost contact with aunt.There came a time she felt my aunt had deliberately run away with me so that she would never find me.As time went on they had to adopt a child,she said her husband wanted a black baby,even though she insisted on a white baby,but they agreed to adopt a black baby,which turned out to be Daniel,my heart skipped a beat at this,Daniel had access to everything,and could travel to abroad and come anytime he wanted,My mom said she spoke to her white husband about me and he has been longing to see me.My life actually looked like a fairytale, I sat infront of the mirror looking carefully at the person I would soon transform to be,right now my heart was still with my aunt and her beautiful daughters, I really missed them,I really missed everything. Over here everything comes to you as you command,even when you cough,there's someone to attend to you,it felt so aukward.Tears unconsciously left my eyes, I quickly wiped them,stood up to get dressed,the next day was my departure day,last week was so tiring with shopping here and there.But today it was a dinner with the family. I heard a knock at the door,it was Sophia,my personal attendant I don't call them maids,she came in to tell me that I was getting late for dinner.We both descended the stairs,everyone had fixed their eyes on me,I couldn't tell their emotions but I am very much sure those were looks of admiration I was about taking my seat,when the bell rang, I quickly run to meet my aunt and her daughters,they were looking so sweet, I forgot to add that they were given an apartment,a very beautiful place.Everything has turned around unexpectedly and it all was so so so good.