Chapter twenty-seven

I got out of the vehicle and headed straight to the bedroom,yearning for a long shower, I entered the bath and prepared the water,I made it so warm and sank into the bath,I was in a deep thought about a whole lot of things, I thought doing this would be so difficult and risky but it seems Maxwell had already surrendered,and speaking of love, I don't think I am willing to fall,I don't even know what it means to fall in love, and thinking of love,why does my heartbeat so fast anytime I am with Daniel.This whole love thing feels like a puzzle.
I got out of the bath after scrubbing myself very well and wrapped myself in a towel.

After dressing up, I decided to put on a make up and paint my nails, I wore a summer green dress with pink dots in it,grabbed my purse and headed straight downstairs towards outside where I packed my car,that was when I noticed Daniel's car packed beside mine, I saw him come out of the house as well in dark shades though it wasn't really sunny.
"Hey"he said
"Yh", I replied my heartbeat at its work again.
"Thought you would be at school ",he said.
"Yh,I am free for the day", I replied.
"Why don't we hang around ",he said
"Aren't you supposed to be in California??", I asked
"Back on a vacation,besides I miss my family,where's mom anyway "he said
"She went back to Ghana ", I said.
"I bet she would be pregnant again ",he said
I only shook my head
"Is that what always happens ", I asked

"Yh,but I am positive she would deliver a brown baby this time ",he said smiling
"But you have me,a sister "I said somehow hoping there was more to it than just the love of a sibling

He paused for awhile almost in a thought,he looked at me for awhile then smiled and said
"I have you ".
I only nodded a bit disappointed that maybe this feelings is just one sided,he is supposed to be a half brother and not me falling in love with him.

"Alright,so we hanging around then", I said.
"So many places, I want us to go for coffee then a car race then a little picnic,there's a lot we can do in just a day right "he said

"So are we going to ride together or separately"I asked

"Together,if you want,come on,join me ",he said gesturing to me to enter his car,then I begun to wonder why I didn't wear a jeans trousers after all, I rolled my eyes and headed towards his car,the ride was just so cool with me stealing glances to take a look at the handsome face beside me and well shaped pink lips that I felt so tempted to kiss,I would look away when I see that he's about looking at my direction.We spent the day cruising around town until it was a little bit past sunset, we both lay down on a grass near the river and took in the cold breeze,

"Sometimes you need to take a break from everything,be far from everything and everyone and catch a glimpse of nature ",Daniel said.
I smiled and turned to look at him our eyes met and locked,Daniel was the first to look away.

"Why did you collapse the first day you saw me at the pharmacy??",he asked.
My heart missed a bit and my breath hitched,I swallowed a lump in my throat and looked at the sun that has turned brownish and was creeping away.

"I.. I..I erm... I..have seen you in my dreams..before I met you.", I said stammering.

He chuckled and said
"And what was I doing in your dream when you have never set your eyes on me before "

"It's was weird though but I dreamt before there was a turn around in my life,it happened when I first met you, I never expected to see you just as I saw you in my dream ".

He asked me about the dream and I told him exactly everything I could remember,then he startled me with a question of which he had asked me before.
"Do you have feelings for me then ",he asked looking deep into my eyes.

I avoided his gaze and fumbled with my fingers nervously

"Erm.. I.. I really don't know,what about you??", I said.

He smiled and said

"You are my sister first before anything ",he said.

I nodded and bit my down lip to hide my look of disappointment.
I stood up and brushed my dress

"Can we go then ", I asked

"First you must help me stand",he said looking mischievous with a smile playing at the corner of his lips

"Then you are staying down there", I said and began to walk away.

"Ouch"he winced loudly holding his rib and rolling on the floor.
I quickly ran to his side almost tripping,worry written all over me

"What happened,what's wrong with you", I said almost crying.

Before I could know he has pulled me down and I fell right into him with my hand clutched to his chest,when I realized what was going on I tried wobbling out of his hold,but he had held me so firmly

"Mari,you don't need to hide your feelings anymore,it's always visible anyway ", he said to hide your feelings anymore,it's always visible anyway ", he said
My heart thumped so loudly that my chest"I am in love with you,ever since the first day ",he said hugging me tightly.

"Erm..erm..."
"Shuuuush",he said placing a finger on my lips "you don't need to say anything ".
Before I could know tears kept falling from my eyes and I sniffed a little,he only smiled and kept stroking my back.

"It's getting dark we need to go",I said and stood up,he said nothing and freed me while he stood on his way I took few steps and he walked hugging me from behind breathing into me as if he wanted to take in my whole being,he turned me around and his eyes were focused on my lips,he crashed his lips on mine and they tasted like honey,nothing to be compared with,Maxwell's kiss never moved me but this did, I kissed him back and raced towards the car,he only gave out a small chuckle and joined me in the car as we rode back home.