Chapter twenty-eight

The drive back home was a really long one, I adjusted my seat in order to stretch my tired legs, I kept yawning and Daniel never stopped shoving tissues into my mouth which earned him a smack on his shoulders,before I knew it I was fast asleep.

😱
I was awakened by Daniel's loud curses,when I flipped my eyes open my mind needed time to process everything happening around me,my eyes went wide when I noticed we were surrounded,men in mask held their guns towards us,they were many and there was no need attacking back.Tears ran down my cheeks when reality hit me hard,it was me they came hunting for and I have automatically dragged Daniel into this. I opened the car door to step outside when Daniel held my arm back into the seat
"What the hell Do you think you are doing??",he asked
"Lemme handle this ", I said.
"What!!!what do you mean by that??"he asked confused
"There's no time explaining this "I said and quickly stepped out of the car.

"Mariana!!",he called out my name but I ignored him.

I walked towards them still with their guns pointing at us,I heard Daniel step out of the car.

"What makes you hunt for me??", I asked
"No one comes to our abode and lives peacefully unless you are a member ", I heard one say in a husky voice.
"Go tell your master, there's no need to be afraid, I came in peace and left in peace ". I said.

"What the hell is going on here,Mari,when did you become a part of this and who are this men".Daniel asked and I felt he was behaving so childish.

I still ignored him and walked towards the men

"Why don't you take me to wherever you please,let me meet your master and let's settle things??"I said hoping they would give in to this.

"You aren't going anywhere,Mari!!"Daniel said

"Shut up you bustard,get the lady and get rid of him ", I heard another say.

"No,please don't harm him,you can take me and leave him out of this ".

The men laughed and before I could know my face was covered and I was being dragged away. I heard a gunshot and I let out a scream trying to free myself from their hold ,I could hear Daniel yell in pain and my chest hurts so badly that I passed out.

🍂
I woke up to find my hands and feet tied,everything around me looked so dark,suddenly there was a light that flashed into the room my eyes hurt so badly and I couldn't see who was entering,I noticed the light came from outside cause as the door was shut the light disappeared as well, I began praying silently,my mind went out to Daniel,what could have happened to him, I heard a gun shot as they drew me away but I couldn't figure out if he was killed or not,but I was full of hope that Daniel was fine. I was jolted out of my trance when the person spoke,it was Maxwell.

"Pretty Mari",he said.
I said nothing
"It's such a pity to see you like this ".he said
I said nothing
He knelt beside me and that was when I smelled alcohol on him,due to the dark room I couldn't see his face but could only see his dark features.He was drawing near to kiss me and I whacked his face and he winced.He shook me vigorously and pushed me and ended up hitting my head on a wall behind me,luckily I didn't pass out this time,but suffered a severe headache, I couldn't understand my surrounding anymore as everything was getting blare,my mind in a sync motion and my eyes dancing in its sockets.
He pulled my head backwards and I could sense that he was looking at me.
"What do you want from me now, I was only trying to help you out...of this...terrible life...what do you want from me ", I asked wearily.

"It's you I want,don't you get it ",he said.

I shook my head and said

"I can't give you what you are asking for... I.. I... I ...it's impossible "

"Really!!!,then you have to kowtow to me ",he said.

"What are you talking about ",I asked

"It's easy,Daniel is still alive,his stars are lucky,you would have to marry me to keep him alive...I know you love him ".

I gave out a small chuckle and he smacked me on my face,the headache was so much worsened and I wish my head would just fall from it's hold.

"You say you love me huh,so why this treatment" I screamed at him almost in tears.

"Because you refuse to fall in love with me,so maybe this is the only way ",he said.

"I have never loved you even if you should be the good person I thought I know you to be ", I said.

"Oh,your precious Daniel would die anyway ",he said

"I am not marrying you not today or forever ", I said

"I give you the end of today to decide,your decision keeps both Daniel and your family safe or dead",

With this he left me still tied up and in utmost pain.