Chapter Sixteen

Dad arrived late in the afternoon,we went to meet him at the airport,My step dad actually doesn't look like a white man,he is so fair and very handsome with pink lips and golden hair which runs down his shoulders,he looked casual,not wearing suits,which I guessed he would have been wearing since he had gone on a business trip,he looked so stunning,handsome and appealing to watch,as soon as he descended the stairs he looked straight at me,staring at me for a while,all of a sudden he started laughing,his laughter sounded like melody and it filled the air.
"Oh my,you look like your mom, I nearly mistaken you to be her,I nearly teased that she's looking much younger"he said laughing.
He drew closer and gave me a warm hug.
"I should be welcoming you,you are welcome dearie"He said and we disentangle from the embrace.
He and Daniel made the boys boys greetings,handshaking in different angles and coming close to link their shoulders.
With the cars lining up I felt like a president's daughter,we entered the car and took our ride to the airport's restaurant,downtown.Dad spoke to us about his trip and how smooth his business went,he was able to earn a billion on each project and his clients were just so understanding and lively.I sat quietly listening as Daniel and dad went about their conversations. I was thinking to myself,how easy it is that they are able to earn much in just a little time and I am sure Daniel had also mastered that strategy to do business therefore it boomed so well for him.Good for him,he's young and rich.Getting to the restaurant,dad ordered for a lot of lobsters and crabs,with steamed octopus and a little spiced rice and hard liquor,I ordered for rice with chicken, and Daniel took the same orders as dad but he added a little salad. I shook my head when he looked at me,and ate slowly.
When we were done eating dad suggested we go to the cinema,I had never been to one,but I only smiled and nodded my head.

We ordered for popcorn, and bought tickets,we were given a good place to sit,I was sitted in between Dad and Daniel,munching on my popcorn with my eyes glued to the large screen, I was so much lost in the movie that I didn't realize when Daniel placed his hand on my free hand which I placed on the handle of the chair, I came back to myself when I felt a squeeze on my hand and almost jumped from my sit,dad asked what was wrong and I replied that I was cool, I was only moved by the movie, I turned to look at Daniel angry but controlling it.
"What's that for"",I whispered.
"You weren't here,so I brought you back",he replied smiling.
"If not for anything I would have kicked you with my legs", I said.
"What stopped you then"he whispered.
I turned to the screen now ignoring him,and trying hard to breathe normal,cause in my chest,my tender heart was shaking.

I went straight to my bedroom excusing myself saying I was tired. I paced my room thinking,how was I going to stop this feelings from growing,cause it was obvious and I know Daniel knew I had feelings for him. I still couldn't tell if he was making those advances because he knew I had feelings for him or he had feelings for me or maybe he was just treating me as a sister or actually he was taking advantage of me or it was just normal I needed answers and still didn't know what to do. I think I would have to stay in the university's hostel offered to students on scholarship,yes I think that could help. I undressed and entered the bath,sinking into the water slowly, I had never never been in a relationship, and I had never focused on my feelings,whether I used to have one I can't tell.Mom had said a lot but she only warned me to be careful about whom I would choose to date, I can't date someone I call brother,so it would be better I stopped my heart before it lands me in trouble.

Hehehe😁hope you enjoyed this chapter 😘thanks for your votes and patience,don't forget to vote please