Chapter Twenty-Four

At the library I picked up a few books from the shelf and sat down to read. I couldn't really concentrate,Daniel has once asked me to stay away from Maxwell,they were childhood friends and why would he ask me to stay away,from the onset I felt it was out of jealousy he said so,what was it Tracy wanted to tell me,cause I sensed urgency in her voice and a little fright.How did she know about my closeness with Maxwell,so many questions run through my mind.My phone beeped and I picked it up m,Two messages from mom and Tracy.

~mum~
You got to come home today, I have got news for you.
I frowned a little,I just arrived at school so what was it she wanted to tell me that she couldn't do over the phone.

~Unknown ~
@School's Garden.Tracy.

I quickly packed the books I picked back into the shelves and sprinted out of the library towards the school's garden,it wasn't hard finding Tracy cause few people were there. I sat by her side upon getting to her and told her to get straight to business.After all that she told I was totally shocked that my mouth fell open,he looked too innocent to be a drug lord.
"What!!!", I muttered out and Tracy only nodded her head.

"That's why you have to stay away just like everyone else ",Tracy said and I frowned a little.
It now dawned on me,about Daniel telling me to stay away cause he did from his childhood friend,I seriously need to talk to him.
"Thanks ", I told Tracy and excused myself to leave.

"But hey, don't let it out that I told you ",Tracy said and I understood. I ran out of campus and drove back home,upon getting home,Mom was sitted with her head in her palm.What could it be that has brought her so down like this,I drew a sit next to her and called out to her almost in a whisper.She looked up at me and let out a sigh.
"Mama,What's wrong??,why do you look so down ", I asked very worried.
"It's your father,Mari..."
"What about him,what's wrong with him,tell me something mother.."
"He's dying slowly,Mari..his days are numbered,the doctor said he has only one week to live,his kidney and lungs are damaged due to excessive alcohol,drugs and smoking ".My Mom said.

I felt a painful tinge in my chest,tears run down my cheeks profusely,before I knew I broke down crying so loud.
I felt someone place a warm hand on my shoulders, I slowly lifted my teary eye and it locked with someone's who I never expected would be by my side.
"Daniel ", I let out in a whisper and husky voice.
"I heard ",he said.
I quickly stood up and locked in an embrace with him,gripping his shoulders firmly,crying and pouting like a baby.His hands went to my back patting me gently,my mom also stood and joined in the embrace.When I had calmed down,there was a silence hovering around us. I sniffed a bit,then I began to speak.
"I have always wished to have a father I would always run to,I remember my childhood with him was the best, I can't blame mom for letting us leave,it was obvious she didn't want me to grow up in a violent home, I never stopped loving and praying for him,he is the best dad,but whatever that stole his good self away rather left him wretched,

I lifted my eyes to mom and Daniel, "I want to spend his last days with him "I said.

My mother placed her hand on mine and stroked it lightly.She nodded her head and right from there they began preparations to fly us back home,so I could see my dad maybe for the last time.

Please don't forget to vote please