Matchmaker

Comet's P.O.V

Marci and I were causally walking down the school halls getting to know each other more. I was surprised she wasn't still mad at me from the other day when i told her I sorta accidentally ditched her. She's pretty forgiving when it comes to me.

"I like red! It's my favorite color," Marcia told me. "That's why I have thousands of these red hoodies.

"Noted," I said. "I like mainly all colors though. They're very nice to be honest. That's why I like rainbows a lot!"

"That makes sense. You like anything with a heartbeat Comet." Marci giggled.

"Hey! It's the new boy!" yelled a student walking with a crowd of people.

"Hey Comet Dragonfly!" I waved at them happily.

"Hi guys!" I greeted back. I looked at Marcia. "Wow! I've never got this much attention before! Like seriously! This makes me wish my dad kicked me out the castle years ago! Lol."

"You haven't even met the coolest guys yet." Marcia pointed at two girls. "Meet Allie and Fera." We walked over to them. "Wassap ladies!"

"Hey girl!" said Allie. "Who's this? I've never seen him around."

"Is that your new boyfriend?" Fera asked. Marci threw her hands in the air.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" I laughed it off awkwardly.

"I'm Comet," I introduced myself. "Comet Dragonfly!"

"Cool name!" said Allie. Fera lifted up her shirt, showing her gut. I looked over at Marci, becoming weirded out.

"Ummm..."

"Hi my name is Fera jr!" Fera mouthed with her stomach. I looked at Marcia again, but this time, she was no longer focused on her friends. I looked at the direction she was looking at, then back at Allie and Fera.

"Who's that?" I questioned. Allie looked forward.

"Oh? The one on the skateboard? That's Jack Lee Thomas. Marcia has been crushing on him for-" Allie was cut off when Marci slapped him. My eyes widened.

"SHHH!"

Jack rode by. He had nice teal blue eyes and short blonde messy hair with a blue streak going through it. I raised an eyebrow. I didn't see what Marci saw but who was I to judge? She's happy so, who cares.

"Uh, Marcia?"

"Hmm?" she mumbled still watching Jack from a far distance.

"Why don't you just ask him out?" I asked. Now she was looking at me. "What?"

*     *     *

So since Marcia is my guide for school, I'm next to her for every class she has. I believe we were in Math at the moment and the teachers were giving back test grades.

"I cannot wait to get my grade back! I wonder what I go!" I squealed to Marci who was to my right. Mr. Skullnick slammed my test paper down on my desk.

"Spoiler alert," he said. "Most of you did horrible. Next time study harder." She continued giving back graded test papers. i looked at my grade. "An F..." I whispered. My eyes glew. "YAAAAAAY!" I tugged on Marci's hoodie. "Look! Look! Look! I got an F for fantastic!" I thought for a moment. "Or fabulous!" Marcia blankly stared at my test paper.

"Uh...Comet, it means that you failed..." she whispered. My huge smile faded into a frown. I looked around the room and some people were giggling at me. I took a peek at Marcia's paper to see if she failed too. But it looks like she got an A. I guess that's the opposite of an F.