The Other Exchange Student

Comet's P.O.V

I yawned coming down the stairs into the Diaz's living room to be greeted by another party this week! I gasped.

"HAPPY FORTY-SEVENTH DAY ON EARTH COMET! WE LOVE YOU!" They all shouted.

"Oh my god! This is awesome! You guys threw another party for me?!" Marcia went to go hug me and her parents stood there happily as ever. Marcia's mother was holding my cake in her hands.

"Why are you surprised?" Marcia asked me. "We throw you a party like everyday!"

"Comet, we love you so much that I made you a cake for this special day!" Mrs. Diaz said. I looked over at the cake. It had my face drawn on it. My heart warmed up.

"Awwwww!" Mr. Diaz pushed his wife out the way.

"And I made you a poem!" She cleared her throat. "Our lives were so small and puny. Until this angel arrived from Mewni!" I started tearing up. This was so sweet of them. This was exactly why I loved the Diaz fa-

Ding Dong!

"I'll get it!" said Marcia, rushing towards the door.

"Hello friends! It is I, Gustavinne!" I looked at the door where Marcia was standing with another lady who had dirty blonde colored hair and wore travelling gear.

"NO WAY!" Marcia yelled.

"Marcia! My American friend!" This girl even had an accent too. I tilted my head as I saw them greet each other with their own creative little thing. The greeting went from high fives, to fist bumps, to shaking hip to spinning around circles.

"Look who's here!" Marcia called out to her parents. The attention that was now on me, was quickly stolen by this...random stranger I was still not yet introduced to! I crossed my arms in anger.

"What a wonderful surprise!" Mrs. Diaz said, rushing over to this...Gustavinne." The married couple hugged the girl.

"We missed you so much!" said Mr. Diaz. I stood at the back of the room in awkward silence, waiting for them to notice me.

I guess I was just so used to getting all the attention since I was the only special one here. I didn't mind this other person much, it's just...I wish they didn't just show me all this love and appreciation and then completely ditch me without saying anything for this random girl. Or maybe she isn't so random, but still! So instead of waiting for them to come to me, I came to them.

"Um...hi..." I said.

"Hello! I am Gustavinne! I was the foreign exchange student last year!" I shook my head to make sure I heard her right.

"Huh?! I thought I was the only foreign exchanged student!" Marcia placed a hand on my shoulder and laughed. Then she pointed to a bunch of photos on the walls. "Nice try Comet, but you were most definitely not the only foreign exchanged student! Look at all these kids!" I frowned a bit as I stared at the pictures. Gustavinne was giving out all of this stuff from his bag and handing it to the family. Then she walked over to me with a huge smile. I thought she was gonna give me something too, but I was wrong.

"And for you?" she said. "I got you nothing! I did not know you existed!" I was about five seconds away from losing my temper at some random girl I barely even knew. "Now come on you guys! I wanna see what changed around in the house!" Marcia and parents both followed along with Gustavinne to the kitchen. That's when Marcia paused and ran back to me.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Yea..." I answered. She gripped my arm.

"Well then, come on, what are you waiting for? Gustavinne is about to cook!" I rolled my eyes.