Monster Arm

Comet's P.O.V

I sped upstairs holding bags of snacks in my hands to bring to my room. I passed by Marci's room for a quick second to see her practicing her...karate? I think that's what it's called. She broke the board in front of her in half as I stuffed popcorn into my mouth.

"Go Marci!" I muffled. She turned around. "Thank you, thank you." She was wearing her white karate outfit with a green belt tied around her small waist and lastly she had a white belt on her head. Oh, and her hair was in a high ponytail. I finished chewing my popcorn. "So are you just...randomly practicing karate in the middle of the day for fun?" She laughed.

"No, Comet. I'm getting ready for a tournament," she explained.

"Ooooou."

"Against Jamie Birnbaum." Marcia started putting more wood on the stones. "She thinks she can beat me every time because her parents are filthy rich. But this Saturday?" Marcia raised up her arm. "She's gonna get a taste of this!" She hit her hand on the wood. "HIYAHHHH- OW, OW, OW! My ARM!" she shouted. I dropped my snacks and rushed over to her side to help her and escort her out her room.

*     *     *

"Man bun, no bun. Man bun, no bun," I repeated constantly changing my hair back and forth with my wand as Marci hollered in my pillow. Then she threw it on the floor with her right arm since her left was currently broken and casted at the moment.

"Now how on earth am I supposed to fight Jamie Saturday with a broken arm?! I can't cancel the tournament! Her and Sensei will think I'm a wimp!"

"So you can't just like postpone the tournament?" I asked still changing my hair. Marcia gasped.

"You have a wand!" she yelled.

"Oh my goodness, what a surprise!" I squealed. Then I went back to what I was originally doing. "Man bun, no bun. Man bun, no bun."

"No, like you can fix my arm!" she suggested. I turned to her with a slight frown on my face.

"Well um...I'm not very sure about that...I never tried to fix a whole body part before..." I put a smile on my face. "Butttt I can give you pigtails or space buns or something. You do need to start styling your hair more." Marcia flopped back on my bed with a groaned. I huffed. "Okay open your legs." Marcia sat straight up.

"Excuse me?" I sighed and opened them for her to pull out a large unorganized spell book underneath the bed. "Oh..." she murmered. Then she tilted her head. "Wait, what's that?"

"A spell book. Basically instructions I can use when i don't know how to cast a spell." Marci blinked as I opened up the book, flipping through the pages.

"So, you're telling me, this whole time you had instructions-"

"It's pretty unorganized, so I don't look through it much. But I'll do it for yo- oh! Here it is!" I said. Marcia got herself out the bed. "It's in an ancient language..." I put my wand up. Realesio Domidious Investigaaaa!"

Hoping that it would change Marcia's arm back to normal, it did the complete opposite. It gave her a...squid arm? Marcia looked at me. Then at her arm. I started flipping through the pages to find out if there was a spell to change it back before she began screaming.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

*     *     *

Marcia's P.O.V

I woke up with a slap on my face by my new friend, the squid arm. I wiped the purple juices off my face and groaned. I needed a shower after that. The good thing about this was that it was on my left arm and not the arm I use for everything like, writing, opening up doors, holding plates and so on.