School Spirit

Comet's P.O.V

I hit the beach ball up in the air when it came towards me.

"I thought this was a pep rally Marci, not a beach!" When I noticed she didn't respond, I studied her face. "Oh come on, you should be excited! Seriously, I don't get how you'd be annoyed. We're not in class anymore doing this weird thing called learning! The one time we get to get away from class, you're annoyed? Like, I am sooooo excited!"

"When are you not excit-" I put a finger on her lips and shushed her.

"It's starting, so shut up!" I whispered. Principal Mallory walked out to the open football field reading from a note card in her hand.

"Welcome students Echo Creek!" she started. "Our prep rally today is gonna start off with our wonderful male cheerleaders and the leader, Brian Wong! Let's give it up for the Echo Creek Possums!" Principal Mallory moved to the sides as the male cheerleaders came running out. The crowd went wild.

The cheerleaders sang their song whilst carrying the leader of the cheer-leading squad and putting her down on all two feet. Principal Mallory rushed over to them. Brian flipped his hair back and snatched the microphone from out of the principal's hands.

"Echo Creek," he said into the mic. "MAKE SOME NOISE IF YOU LOVE THE POSSUMS!" The crowd cheered loudly and I was apart of it.

"I LOVE POSSUMS!" I yelled holding up a sign with a possum drawn on it. The crowd went silent after a few. I decided to finish it off. "THEY CARRY THEIR BABIES ON THEIR BACKS!" The students on the bleachers looked at me. I turned to Marcia. "Why are they looking at me like that...?" I whispered.

"Well, we're not exactly talking about actual possums. That's the team name, lol," she answered.

"Ohhhhhhhh. That makes totally no sense but okay."

"We're going against..." Marcia made a dramatic pause before shivering at her last words, "the warriors..."

"The warriors..." I repeated, shivering with her as well.

"They're our rivals!" Allie added in fixing her glasses. "They kill us every time!"

"KILL?!" I repeated loudly.

"It's gonna be a blood bath..." Mr. Skullnick said eating his food. I gripped onto Marcia's shoulders worryingly.

"Marci! We have to do something!"

"Well, just join the Spirit committee! More students supporting could really help out the team I guess."

"Great idea!" I squealed. "Come on Marci, lets get our supplies!" I grabbed her hoodie sleeve. She took my hand off.

"Um...as much as I wanna support my rooting team...I feel like you can handle this, alone...if that's okay with-"

"Okay, your loss." I ran away from her before she could finish her sentence.

Marcia's P.O.V

"Alright, now coming," Brian spoke, "The Awesome A Possum!" The mascot came running into the field jumping up and down and cheering loudly. Me and Allie exchanged looks.

"That's Fera isn't it..." I muttered.

"Yep!" answered Allie. I face palmed myself.

"Great, the warriors stole our new mascot, again."

"They're always stealing something," responded Allie with a sigh. I blinked.

"Hold on..." I said. "Does that mean they're gonna steal Fera too?!" I stood up, freaking out. "No, no, no!' I started running to the bottom of the bleachers.