Part 1

Abby's p o v

Abby woke up to the alarm clock next to her. "Oh my God I'm late." She said, "I'm going to be late for my interview." She went to the bathroom, took her bath and slide into her well ironed cloth on her bed.

She went downstairs to have her breakfast. Her mom Jenny and her dad Paul were already at the table having their breakfast."Hey honey, come have breakfast with us." Her mom said after seeing her coming down from the stairs. She went to them, gave them both a kiss on their head."Good morning dad and mom, hope you slept well." Both her parent responded with a "yes we did." "Let me go get you a plate from the kitchen;"jenny said giving her a wink."Thanks mom." She said.

"So, ready for your interview darling?" Paul asked

"Huh? Oh, sorry I wasn't listening." Abby said, bringing her mind back to her dad."I'm just nervous." she replied.

Paul looked at her carefully, and said. "Is it about the job interview?"

Abby nodded while looking at her father's face. "You're going to be fine; you're as smart as your father, maybe even smarter." He said while standing up and giving her a kiss on her head, "thanks dad," Abby said, "You're welcome pumpkin" he said, and then he went straight up stairs.

"Hey honey, I got the plate, along with some bread." Jenny said while coming out of the kitchen to the dining table where Abby was seated.

"What's up with the face?" jenny asked when she saw Abby's worried look."Is it about the interview?" jenny asked again still looking at Abby's face.

Abby nodded silently, "o darling, you'll be fine trust me, you are the smartest girl I've ever met, and you'll do perfectly well at the interview." Jenny said with a smile.

Those words of encouragement gave Abby hope and strength to carry on. She ate her breakfast, stood up and took her purse, and went straight to her mother, and gave her a kiss on her cheek and then said," wish me luck." " you'll need more than luck, you have my blessings." Jenny said. "Thanks mom" Abby said, and then blew her mother a kiss and then headed for the door.

Getting outside, Abby looked around her surroundings and saw men and women heading to work. She started having second thought about the interview, but Abby remembered the words of encouragements her parent gave to her. Then she closed her eyes, and breathed the air in and out. And then she said. " I can do this, I know I can." Then she hailed for a taxi.