playlist (e. blunt)

Being a person with a diverse taste in music was both a blessing and a curse. When you'd play music, people would sometimes ridicule how quickly the genre of your playlist changed. Which was why you valued your time by yourself when you could listen in peace.

Your boss had scolded you on many occasions for wearing earphones, but since he understood your consideration of people around you, he decided to allow you to play music in the workspace, which was kind of a huge deal because you were one of the makeup artists for a film company.

Switching on the speaker, you hit shuffle on your favorites playlist, letting 'Torn' by Natalie Imbruglia fill the room. You hummed along as you organized your brushes, staying that way until a soft knock came on the door.

"Hey, y/n, am i your first for today?" Emily asked, smiling sweetly.

"Yes, you are," you chuckled as Wheein's 'With My Tears' started playing, "I'm just going to prepare the palette, you can sit already."

She sat down on the chair in front of the mirror, just listening to the ballad and you humming along. After a while, you came up to her and spread out the materials on the dresser. "I hope you don't mind me playing music."

"I don't mind at all, honestly it's nice to listen to new things," she grinned, listening to Day6's 'How Can I Say' in the background, "And your music taste is the most unique thing I have encountered."

Spreading the foundation on her naturally beautiful features, you started nodding your head and mouthing the lyrics before replying, "Not everyone likes my taste. I have a soft spot for very loud rock music but I can't handle EDM. I love ballads but pop, not so much."

"Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, dear," she said, "What song is this now?"

"'ghosts' by Jeremy Zucker," you replied, "Please close your eyes so I can do the eyeshadow."

She obeyed, and you started applying the golden tones onto her eyelids, using your hands to blend it as well as using the brush. When she felt nothing, Emily opened her eyes to see you, the brush in between your teeth, hands and jeans stained with the colors you had been using, checking something on your phone.

"What's up, Y/N?"

"Which do you prefer?" you replied, showing her the different ways you could accessorize her makeup, "It looks too dull today."

She looked over the options, listening to 'i'm so tired' by lauv and Troye Sivan. She pointed to a certain style and you got to work, singing along as the song ended and TXT's 'Run Away' began.

"You like Korean music, huh?" Emily asked, "I'm not really educated but I like what I'm hearing so far."

"I love it, but a lot of people don't."

"What else do you listen to?"

"There are some things I listen to that I don't want you to know about," you joked, wiping your hands on your jeans. "And what would those be?"

"That's for me to know and you not to know," you deflected, just as 'A Cover is Not the Book' started playing.

"Crap," you huffed, quickly moving to change the song, but were stopped by her hand on your wrist. "You actually listen to this on a regular basis?"

"Yes, I do. And it's embarrassing now that you know."

"Why would it be embarrassing?" she asked, letting your hand go.

"Because we're literally working in the same place," you rolled your eyes, taking the eyeliner and drawing a line on your hand, "Not to mention I have the most unhealthy crush on you."

"Unhealthy, eh?" she chuckled, listening to the rap before the next song played, 'Ocean Eyes' by Billie Eilish, "What makes you say it's unhealthy?"

"Because you're amazing," you mumbled, "and I can't get enough of your voice."

You pressed the next song because of the long outro, listening to Avril Lavigne's 'Complicated' while you outlined her gorgeous eyes.

Singing along, you reorganized your brushes before taking the blush and bronzer and facing her again, "You know, Y/N, you've got a pretty voice

Singing along, you reorganized your brushes before taking the blush and bronzer and facing her again, "You know, Y/N, you've got a pretty voice. When you're not intentionally screeching, that is."

You rolled your eyes as you cleaned the brushes on your pants, "Not really. I just love good music."

"Yeah, right."

'Nobela' by Join the Club started playing and you couldn't resist, so the whole time you were spreading blush on her face, you were singing along and swaying.

She couldn't help but feel attracted to the way you shamelessly enjoyed yourself, not giving a fuck what anyone thought. especially when you started singing and dancing.

She found herself staring more and more at you, and as you applied lipstick onto her, singing 'Psycho' by Red Velvet, she was fixated on your lips, your eyes, and the way your baby hairs fell from the messy bun.

"I can feel you staring, Em."

Startled, she immediately denied, "No, I wasn't."

"Yeah, right." you rolled your eyes at her, dropping the subject as 'i.f.l.y.' by Bazzi started playing.

"This song is for you," you joked, singing along, but she listened to the lyrics thoughtfully. "Are you serious or not?"

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, it's up to you," you replied, applying one last layer of gloss to her lips before reorganizing all your things, "There, you're done."

"I like this song," she said as she stood up and ran a hand through her blond hair. 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane had just started playing and she started to hum along.

"I don't just like it, I love it a whole lot," you chuckled, wiping off excess makeup on your pants before washing your hands.

She grinned and pulled you to start dancing with her, so the two of you stayed like that, just swaying, your hands on her waist and hers on your shoulders.

"How much?"

"About as much as I like you."

"And how much would that be, Y/N?"

"More than you could imagine."

wc : 1013