5

Maggie

"You look stunning" Douglas told me as I opened the door of the room where Lou fixed me. Yeah, fixed...

"Thank you. You look good as well" I smiled at him. He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. He's a real gentleman. I think I'm a having a huge crush on him! Kidding! Not kidding... "I feel kinda embarrassed"

"Just enjoy the evening. I'll be by your side all night, don't worry" He winked at him. He gets my hands and wrapped it around his arm. Now, he's escorting me.

This guy is really something. What is he trying to do? Flirt with me? I'm actually enjoying it.

When we got to Lou's garden, everyone is in a party mood.

Every person we passed by are greeting us and giving us weird smirks, or fake smiles? I don't know. It'll probably the last time they will see me. Might as well not care about anyone for awhile.

"There you are!" Lou said and hugged me, and when she saw that Douglas with me, she gasped "Oh my gosh! You guys look good together!"

We both laughed and then Douglas, said "Stop it. Margaret will feel embarrassed even more"

"Okay okay." Lou chuckled. "Enjoy the rest of the night. I'll just greet some of the guests here." She said and made a weird face and we all laughed.

"See you later" and Douglas and I waved at her.

We went to where the food is located and decided to eat some nachos at Lou's veranda on the second floor.

"This is great. It actually made me miss our old house"

"Old house? Where is it located?" Douglas asked.

"Doncaster. Actually, it doesn't look like this house. Not even close. But it has a small rooftop and it's only way is at my room" I said remembering the old house and all the happy memories there with my family... and my best friend.

"Wait. So you lived in UK?"

"Yeah. We lived there until I was 19"

"I did not notice that. You don't have a British accent"

"Yeah, my parentas are actually Americans, but we moved in UK when I was 6."

"That's really cool. But why did you moved here again?"

"Actually, it's long story" I saw Douglas nodded and gave me a smile. He sensed that I don't want to talk about it and he's too gentleman to push me.

We have a few chitchats, talked about ourselves, our jobs, some background. Well, mostly his background because simply, I don't wanna talk about mine.

"Doug! My man!" I good looking man with a Scottish accent suddenly hugged Douglas from behind

"Richard! It's good to see you here!"

"Well, who's this fine lady?" Richard asked, and he gets my hand and kissed the back of it. I'm actually actually shocked and I felt my cheeks burning again. Is it really their tradition? Oh well, it's kinda nice.

"Yes, this is Margaret Parson, new friend. And no, you will not ask her to be yours"

"Lame!" He shouted at Douglas and we all laughed "Well, it's nice meeting you, Margaret. I am Richard Madden, Douglas good ol' friend"