14

Maggie's POV

The ride going to the beach was really awkward!

We didn't say a thing to each other, but I noticed that he's looking at me with a smirk on his face! What the heck is wrong with this guy?

When we got to the beach, he held my hand and look for a spot. I looked at our hands and my heart beats so fast. I felt my cheeks are now burning, what is happening to me? This feeling is very much unfamiliar!

"I guess this is great? Let's have a seat?"

I nodded. I sat down by the sand and Louis sat beside me. I looked around and noticed that there aren't many people. That's more like it.

We just sat on the sand, staring at the sea, feeling the cool breeze. No one dares to break the silence. It's so nice to be here. He pulled me closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. I love the comfort of the silence between us.

I don't know how long we've been in that state, but Louis suddenly talked. "Maggie"

"Hmmm?"

"I'm so sorry I didn't hear you out. I was just so mad at you for leaving me, especially that day when I got to X-Factor. I needed you that day, until my audition. But I didn't know that you needed me more" He said without catching a breath. Maybe he gathered all his strength just for that apology and I really appreciated it.

I looked at him and smiled, "Oh Lou... I'm sorry for not reaching out. I wanted to, but I was scared. I'm afraid of what you might think or say. I was afraid of...."

"Shhhhh. Everything is okay now. I just hope you'll forgive me"

I hugged his waist. How I missed being this close to him. "I forgive you. You're my only best friend and it hurts that I lost you"

"You did not lose me" He said and he held my chin up. "I'm always your best friend. No more awkwardness." He said and then suddenly he smack the back of my head.

"Ouch! Louis, you idiot!" I said while holding the back of my head.

I pinched his tummy and heard him squinting in pain. Ha! Got my oh so sweet revenge!

He then slapped my hand playfully "You're becoming more and more brutal!"

"No, I did not" I defended myself.

"Says the one who punched her ex boyfriend" He said laughing! What the! Is he using that against me now???

"Hey! He deserved it!" I raised both my hands and arms defended myself.

He put his arms around my shoulder "He truly does. And I'm proud of you"

"I know. I'm a strong independent woman" I flexed my arms as if I have muscles.

"Yeah. But I bet you cried"

I slapped his chest and he just chuckled. "Of course, I did! It was painful you know!"

"What? I didn't say that it didn't hurt!"

I made a weird face and he shove away my face. Idiot.

He then lay on my lap, and said "I missed you"

I sighed "I missed you too. I have a question" then I decided to play his hair.

"What?" He said still looking at the sea.

"When did you learn to boost your pride up?" I asked. He just laughed. "Hey! I'm serious!"