Twenty Six: "Help Me, Helping You."

Luke wanted to curse the sun for coming up from its hiding place in the hills, the time for somehow speeding up to take Calum away from him

Luke wanted to curse the sun for coming up from its hiding place in the hills, the time for somehow speeding up to take Calum away from him. The younger brunet wiped his face tiredly as he woke up, Luke letting him free of his embrace when the other made the move to pull back from him. His eyes followed as Calum got off the bed, cover slipping from covering him up and he saw Calum unconsciously tense up at his shoulders with the cool air hitting at his flesh when he was exposed before continuing to the dresser.

He leaned forward onto his knees once he shuffled to hang his feet over the edge of the bed, biting softly at his knuckles, a bad habit but he felt it was better than his nails so he left it alone. He forced himself to look forward when Calum asked him to, not wanting to cause the boy his uncomfortableness by his gaze, even if they both knew it was more so protective than anything else. He listened closely to the boy's movements, hearing him shuffling around on the other side of the bedroom.

It felt like if he took his eyes off Calum for a second, the boy would disappear from him again and he wasn't sure if he'd be able to last any longer than Calum if he didn't have him close like now. He pushed off the bed when Calum went to the door, following the brunet out of the bedroom and glancing at the door down the hall where Ashton was just as Calum did. He kept his words to himself when Calum froze in his spot to stare at the wooden barrier between himself and the other man that held his past.

He didn't want Calum to go into the room, into Ashton's presence when he had been doing so much better without the constant need to taking out everything in his system onto the other man. Of course, he wouldn't say anything, it was Calum's choice and he was just relived when the man blinked a few times then continued down the hallway. He hesitated outside of Michael's bedroom door, shaking his head when Calum asked if he would come in and choosing to start the distance between them two to leave downstairs to the kitchen.

Harry was already downstairs, a glance at the clock had Luke wondering if Harry ever went to sleep since it was already early in the morning and the brunet seemed wired enough to be ready to power a city with his energy. The boy greeted him quickly as he moved past, Luke's silent request answered already by the boy handing him a pastel green mug filled with coffee before speeding away to his own cup and making Luke furrow his eyebrows at the eight mugs in the sink, assuming Harry was getting a new one each time rather than using the same one.

His attention went to Calum and Michael coming down together, the brunet holding Michael's hand like he was a lost child in an unknown place, Michael only shying closer to him when he got into Luke's line of sight, green eyes darting away guilty. He could hear the soft 'no' dropping from his lips when Calum tried to move away from his side, the brunet whispering something back that had Michael begrudgingly moving from his side with quick shuffling of his steps and his head tilted down.