eight: advancements.

It has been several months since Killer's training had started. His skill range has expanded to learning the basics of staffs.
Color was very proud of how far Killer has come, yet the burden of keeping his positive, happy facade was getting heavier.

Recently, whispers of negative energy echoed throughout the air. This was enough for Color to declare that they were moving somewhere else.
Ever since, Color has been acting very off. More so than usual, and Killer picked up on this fairly quickly.

"Color, you good?" Killer reassuringly grabbed his shoulder.

"Oh! Yep, everything's fine, I'm just excited for the move" Color smiled.

Killer suppressed a shiver. Color's smiles made him feel scared because it looked too unnatural.

"Well, let's finish packing, yeah?" Color asked.

"Mhm".

"Alright, you can work on the kitchen area, I'll clean out our rooms if thats alright with you", Color spoke.

"Yeah, don't throw anything out without running it by me though" Killer muttered as he started placing pots and pans neatly into a giant cardboard box.

"Alright then! Have fun" Color bubbly said as he made his way to their rooms.

"❄︎♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎❼︎⬧︎ ■︎□︎ ⬥︎♋︎⍓︎📪︎ ❍︎♋︎⍓︎♌︎♏︎ ✋︎❼︎❍︎ ♒︎♋︎●︎●︎◆︎♍︎♓︎■︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎■︎♑︎📬︎ ❄︎♒︎♏︎⍓︎❼︎❖︎♏︎ ⬧︎◆︎❒︎♏︎●︎⍓︎ ♑︎♓︎❖︎♏︎■︎ ◆︎◻︎ ♌︎⍓︎ ■︎□︎⬥︎📬︎ 💣︎♋︎⍓︎♌︎♏︎ ✋︎ ⬧︎♒︎□︎◆︎●︎♎︎ □︎♐︎ ⧫︎□︎●︎♎︎ ✋︎■︎📫︎" Color frantically mumbled as he entered Killer's room.
He paused when he saw a little beige kitten sitting on his bed.

"What are you doing here little fella?" Color asked the kitten sweetly.
The kitten stared at Color, it's mismatched eyes boring into his soul. He shivered, he was screwed.
Oh he might as well die now.

The cat purred and Color could of sworn the kitten frowned at him with murderous intent as it dissipated into thin air.

"Oh shit" Color said, his mind going frantic as realization hit him, "Ohshitohshitohshit".

He ran towards the kitchen to see Killer still packing away the materials. Killer glanced up at Color in confusion.
"What?".

"O-oh nothing. I thought I heard you yell for something" Color quickly made an excuse. He winced, knowing it was a shitty one.

Killer narrowed his eyes, "alright?".

"I'll continue packing... but I should mention that you should keep all your knives somewhere close starting today" Color said.
The atmosphere had grown extremely awkward. The two did not trust each other and they both knew it.

"this is bad, this is bad, this is bad" Color said softly and frantically as he ran back into their rooms.

He essentially threw their possessions into boxes. They had few so he was finished quickly.

"Killer?" Color yelled, "I hope you're done soon because we need to pick up the pace. The sooner we get out of here, the better".

"Mhm" Killer hummed loudly in response, earning a small chuckle from Color.

"Alright, I'm giving you five minutes" Color mentioned as he teleported the boxes outside.

★彡

Nightmare paced the room, his footsteps echoing around the room. The rest of the group looked at him skeptically.

"Nightmare?" Dust said, "I don't think the plan is going to work. We're relying too much on the fact that the Stars are naïve".

Everyone (minus Nightmare) nodded. The plan was very unreliable, yet Nightmare insisted it would work flawlessly.

"That UnderSwap sans is quiet naïve, also we don't have anything else do we now?" Nightmare spoke, "If anyone does, feel free to tell the group".

"You know, I'm not even sure why we bother getting him back. He's creepy, and that's coming from me" Horror mumbled quiet enough so that only Cross could hear. Cross reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"Actually, why couldn't you just follow Killer's negative emotion?" Error asked.

"You think I haven't tried? There's so much negativity these days from close timelines that it's interfering with my sense of direction. It would be useless, plus, even if I could, right before Killer vanished his emotional trail was weakening. He's regaining his emotions and im sure that Color bastard his encouraging it" Nightmare hissed.

The room fell into silence. The group exchanged expressions of doubt, pity, fear, and worry amongst them.

"Why can't we just teleport? Can't Error just track him down?" Cross spoke up, shattering the silence.

"You think we haven't tried yet? Color isn't as much of a dumbass as we first thought. He took a bunch of erratic teleportations and we can't follow him, that bastard" Nightmare said angrily.

"O-oh..." Cross hesitated, shrinking back into his chair.

"Damn he really thought his through, huh?" Horror whispered to himself.

"Alright, get ready to carry out the plan tomorrow. Getting Killer back is important, no questions".

The others stood up and left the room, the sound of their footsteps echoing throughout the cold room.

"Ugh I hope this works... No, I'll make it work." Nightmare hissed, running his hand through his jet black hair.

Nightmare flung the curtains open dramatically, revealing the beautiful scene of a setting sun. Tomorrow was the day they would begin the grueling process of finding Killer.

He wasn't even sure why. He could easily replace Killer, it would save a lot of time and effort, but his mind was deadset on retrieving the man. Whenever he thought about saving him, his chest ached and his body temperature would rise.
Nightmare shook his head, sometimes he confused himself with complicated symptoms. Maybe he's running quiet a fever.

Nightmare exited the room. He needed some rest, he was tired and needed to be awake and focused for tomorrow as it would mark the day the Star Sanses royally fucked up.

He was going to get Killer back, no matter the price.

——————

a/n i would like to say thanks to everyone who has voted and read my story! thank you so much for 1k reads and 100votes, it means a lot to me!