unofficial epilogue

Killer blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Killer found himself lying on the couch.

He was in the mansion.

He suddenly felt rage course through his veins as he sat up.

Color! That bastard! Killer was filled with inexplicable resentment.

He felt someone grab ahold of his shoulder.

"Relax. I know you're mad, but they're all here now" A familiar voice said.

Killer's neck turned dangerously quickly, meeting a cloaked figure. The man's face was visible under the hood. Curly black hair that framed his face and royal blue eyes, paper skin white.

"I-" His russet eyes filled with salty tears, "Are we alive? Was this all a dream?".

"Unfortunately not, we're dead. This is a sort of Heaven, but it's for everyone" the smile on Reaper's lips reflected onto Killers.

"Oh my god" Killer whispered.

"Exactly. Now get up, everyone's waiting for you" Reaper offered his hand to Killer, who took it.

The mansion looked exactly alike. Killer supposed that was the entire point, but his head couldn't grasp the concept.

Entering the kitchen, he felt his heart race with so much happiness and relief, his tears flowed freely down his face.

There, before him, was everyone he ever felt a tiny bit of attachment for. His brother, Papyrus, stood tall, tears pouring from his brown eyes. Chara, who looked extremely remorseful, yet happy to see Killer. Frisk, who's expression remained blank, but tear stains dragged down their face. Toriel, Asgor, Grillby, everyone.

"We missed you" Papyrus's high pitched voice cracked as he extended his arms towards his brother.

Killer ran into his brother's embrace, sobbing. Papyrus's familiar scent of spaghetti sauce and what might be lavender made him sob harder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Killer repeated, gripping his brother's shirt.

"It's fine, I forgive you. I won't be leaving you ever again" Papyrus hummed.

"You better not" Killer chuckled lightly as he let go of his brother, wiping his tears.

"So this was and is your home?" Papyrus asked, gazing around the room.

"Yeah, it's pretty great isn't it? With all the space here, you could stay here forever" Killer grinned.

"Yeah, and I plan to".

No words could ever explain the sheer volumes of happiness Killer felt. Waves of it hit him full force, and he embraced the salty waters of joy.

"I love you" Killer whispered.

"You know I love you" Papyrus chuckled.

"Hey, hey, what about me" Nightmare asked jokingly. He had appeared from nowhere, staying back in the shadows.

"I love you too, idiot" Killer couldn't possibly smile any wider.

"I love you too" The ravenette smiled softly.

"Killer! You're finally here!" Horror smirked.

"I am" Killer deadpanned.

"Everyone else should be he-".

"Killer! I missed you!" Cross exclaimed. The oreo threw himself at the brunette and his brother, hugging them tightly.

"I missed you all too. Did you all get killed in your sleep or?" Killer frowned.

"Well I had the misfortune of waking up after I got decapitated. Did you know you can stay conscious for a few seconds after getting your head chopped off?" Dust mentioned.

"I didn't. Nice to know" Horror rolled his eyes.

"Shut the hell up" Dust hissed.

"As if motherf-" Horror was cut off.

"Shut up" Error rubbed his eyes in frustration, "We just died and you all still fight?".

"That's funny because you were the one worried about chocolate while our mansion burned down-" Horror snapped.

"Hey hey, in his defense Cross did too" Dust interjected.

"Not the point".

"Yeah? Don't be hypocritical-" Error shot.

Papyrus coughed, "They sure do fight a lot".

"Yeah... but welcome to your new home" Nightmare whispered, ruffling Killer's fluffy hair.

"Yeah" Killer couldn't help but smile, "Welcome home".