eight

for the person who just commented lol i remembered to update

thinking of you is pretty, it's hopeful,
it is like listening to the most beautiful song
from the most beautiful voice on earth...
but hope is not enough for me anymore,
I don't want to listen to songs,
I want to sing

Gigi was holding the poem in between two of her fingers as Dahlia approached her, making her get startled. She jumped for a second, then clutched her hand on her chest as Dahlia grinned at her.

"Hey girl!" Dahlia greeted her as she panicked to hide the piece of cardboard.

"You scared me, sneaky bitch!" Gigi answered jokingly before examining Dahlia. She was used to seeing her wear black clothing, very daring ones usually. This time she was wearing a white off the shoulder top, complimenting her dark features with a pair of simple black jeans.

"It's not my fault, you already looked pretty nervous," she leaned on the high table where Gigi was waiting for her friends. "Really, though, are you okay?"

Gigi wanted to hate Dahlia, wanted her to be not kind and caring even when they weren't exactly friends. But there she was, standing gorgeously with a concerned look for Gigi on her face, making it real hard to not be happy for Crystal.

"Yeah, just nervous as you said," Gigi wanted to cut it off there but couldn't help herself from whining. "Fashion department's first year in the mid semester gallery and I have a piece right behind that door." She gestured towards the door that divided the two sections.

"That sounds amazing, congratulations!" Dahlia said with genuine happiness on her face. "It's amazing, right?" She asked as Gigi still looked pretty nervous, looking down on the table to the facing-back card.

"It is! This is exactly what I want my fashion to be perceived as,"

"A piece of art, I get that." Dahlia trailed off as she saw Crystal entering from the door behind Gigi. "How about I let Crys show me around here, and then we come find you and you give us the privilege to listen about the piece from the artist herself?" She asked before leaving. Gigi nodded with a big smile on her face, not showing how tense she was to face Crystal.

She didn't see the girlfriends greeting each other as they were behind here, instead pulled out her phone to send threatening messages to her friends. Jaida messaged her saying she was on her way with Jan, giving her some sort of relief. She played with her fingers and rings as she tried to keep her hands away from the card.

She knew the date on the card, she knew it was when it all started going downhill. The message was loud and clear. She was determined to leave them alone just so Crystal could be happy. Then why couldn't she take her mind off of Crystal once feeling the same for her?

Gigi picked the card again; she read it so much since she found it on her door in the morning it was almost engraved on her mind. She looked up for a second to pull herself together, to clear her mind just to see Dahlia and Crystal hugging.

She froze as their eyes met, felt like a deer in headlights with the poem in her hand. Crystal pulled away from the hug as her face didn't even slightly change.

It hurt to see them like that, her heart felt heavy inside her chest for a second. She was finally able to face her feelings, but it was too late. There was a beautiful obstacle on the way, and Gigi had no choice but to stay away. For herself, for Crystal and finally, for Dahlia, she had to stay away.

Around an hour later, after Gigi and Jaida cried over their own pieces and showed their friends around the gallery she was left alone again. She wanted to leave, it was too overwhelming of a day anyways, but she couldn't leave as she promised Dahlia.