𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣

"Wait for me," I asked him as he handed me my books out while we stood outside my english classroom.

"I always do," He chuckled slightly. "And for God sakes Birdie take that hat off,"

"No chance. This baby is saving my life. I need to re dye my hair soon," I replied, swiping the brim of my baseball cap with my fingers.

"You'll get shouted at for wearing it y'know,"

"I don't care, its just a hat I'll be fine,"

"Alright," He sighed giving in. "Just go into class. Stay out of trouble,"

"You too Beej," I smiled as he tapped the end of my nose. I watched him after as he walked away down the halls making his way to his next class since he had just walked me to mine.

It was bad, super bad. But I was slowly becoming more and more fond of his company. Liking it. Maybe after all this, who knows- I would miss it.

After he turned the halls I spun around on my heels entering the classroom. Instantly catching the english teachers stare as he spoke up and I quickly looked away.

"Cap off Blaze Joy please,"

I pretended like I didn't hear his request as I carried on walking to my seat. I sat down and put my bag on the back of my seat by the straps.

"Miss Bernard, I wont ask you again,"

Just pretend you cant hear him.

I opened up my writing book that was already set on the table ready for me, pulling out my ball point pen as I jotted the date down on the top of the page.

"That's it, out,"

"Wha?" I asked finally looking up confused.

"You heard me, out,"

"Me? Why?"

"I asked you several times to take that black cap of you're head and all which you chose to ignore me, so out,"

"What for wearing a hat? are you kidding me? I've been in the class for ten seconds,"

He shook his head. I sighed out loud, dramatically, shoving my chair back out from under the desk as the legs being dragged across the floor made a squeak sound.

I slug my bag back around my shoulder leaving the room, slightly slamming the door behind me as I did leave.

I walked around the halls with my hat proudly still renaming on the top of my head. I walked past a few classes full of younger children, pulling faces at the majority of them and distracting the. Before their teacher sent me off. I passed Edens class waving to her too. Then as I carried on cruising down the halls, I spotted that I was near Billies science class.

I looked through the windows of the classroom as I walked, pausing when I saw him laughing at something. He was talking to somebody, but the end of the window cut them off. I moved slightly looking through at a different angel as I realized who it was.

Billie was talking to, and laughing with, Mave.

I should've been happy for him. After all... this is what we got in this mess for. But the conversation looked flirty and for whatever reason I began to get annoyed. Pissed off kinda.

Mave had always been so nice to me. She never gave me any reason at all to hate her, or even as so dislike her. She was kind and sweet and- and- and good for Billie. So why did I want to sorta scream at her?

After the bell rang and I had finishing roaming around the whole school, I waited outside my own class since that's where Billie knew I was. After a moment of fiddling with the strap on my bag I heard a voice.