Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Liz's Party

Y/n was sitting on one of the stairs in the Gym, looking around as students suffered to do thr sit ups. Her eyes eventually landed on Peter and Ned, who were whispering to one another while Peter was doing non-stop sit ups.

Y/n's jaw dropped. He wasn't even breaking a single drop of sweat and he was doing it very fast.

" What about Spiderman? " She heard and her attention was on her classmates beside her.

" What about him? " Betty asks and Liz shrugs.

" Have you seen that YouTube footage video. He fought off like four guys. " Liz stated and Y/n chuckled to herself.

" What do you think, Y/n? " Betty asks, turning to her and Y/n was starting to feel embarrassed by all the eyes on her.

" He's cool. " She stated and Betty chuckled.

" See, now this wasn't the reaction I was expecting from you, Y/n. I thought you'd go all blushing and shy if I mentioned him. " Betty teases and Y/n laughed. They didn't know Ned and Peter were listening to their conversation.

" As I said, he's pretty cool. Wouldn't hurt to meet once or twice. " Y/n mumbled, had a small smile on her face and Peter knew what she was talking about. He had met her a few days ago at her rooftop and he found himself smiling too.

" What if he's like all burnt? " Charles, beside Liz asks and Liz shrugs.

" I don't care. I'd still love thr person he is on the inside. " Liz says.

" Peter knows Spiderman! " Y/n's head snapped towards Ned's voice. She looked at Peter, who had panic and shock written over his face as he scrambled, getting to his feet.

" No, I uh.. "

" They're friends. " Ned adds again and Peter started to stammer again. Y/n frowned at Ned, who gave a forced smile.

" Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America. " Flash says, jumping down the rope he was climbing and Y/n rolled her eyes, clearing her throat at Flash who winked at her.

" I've met him a couple of times, it's a.. through the Stark Internship. Yeah, but I'm not really supposed to talk about it. " Peter hissed at Ned, who stood there helplessly.

" You know what? You should invite your personal friend to Liz's party tonight. It's gonna be dope. " Flash says walking towards him.

" Yeah. I'm having people over tonight. You guys are more than welcome. " Liz stated in a flirty tone which didn't go unnoticed by Y/n and she also saw the way Peter's eyes turned to heart eyes.

" You're having a party? " He asks, his voice going soft and Y/n felt an urge to look around the room but she kept her gaze at Peter. She had more things to wonder about than feeling sad over things she didn't figure out yet and she knew that.

" It's okay, guys! Peter is way too busy for parties anyway.. " Liz says, batting her eyelashes at Peter.

" Oh, come on! He'll be there, right Parker? " Flash asked and just to Peter's luck, the bell rung. Everyone started to walk away while Y/n noticed Peter hissing again at Ned.

" Dude, if anyone of us, it's you who's got a chance with a senior girl. " She managed to hear Ned say and took a deep breath, walking back to the girl's lockers.

She didn't know what to do of this sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She took out her clothes and closed the locker.

" Hey, Y/n! " She heard and turned around.