Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Perfect Night.

Week passed and Y/n was transferred to a hospital back in New York. Peter not leaving her side most of the times. He kept asking her to wake up and yell at him for his stupidity about giving Beck those glasses. He wanted anything but not her unconsciousness.

Y/n felt drawn back to her body as she looked at her transparent body. She couldn't hold herself as she floated and settled herself back in the body. She felt so sudden weight on her chest and body.

" Please! For me. " Peter begged. His state was distraught. His hair were messy. Eyes red and puffy and he looked tired, sleepless.

Y/n tried to clench her teeth, angry at herself for not waking up early. She wanted to get up, move badly but she couldn't.

" Come on! Y/n! " She urged herself and all she could do was move a finger. Peter jumped and grabbed her hand.

" Hey! Y/n! I'm here. I saw you, you moved your finger. Come on, Y/n, wake up for me, please." Peter mumbled and listening to his hopeful voice, Y/n tried harder. Her body was aching, the heart monitor beeping loudly and a nurse rushed in.

" She's waking up! That's a miracle. " She stated and decreased the speed of saline and ran to get the doctor.

"Wait outside, Mr. Parker. " The doctor stated Peter reluctantly walked out. He watched as the doctor and nurse do their things, running around and pushing a needle in Y/n's arm. He winced, a hand on the glass as he watched.

Ellie was sitting on the cahir beside him, her eyes too red and puffy and she looked like she hadn't slept at all. Her hair were messy and weren't combed neatly.

The doctor came out, grabbing their attention. To Peter's utmost relief, the doctor had a small smile on his lips as he stepped out.

" I'm very pleased to inform that Miss Reyes is out of the coma but she needed sleep. She might wake up in an hour or two. A miracle of I say so myself. No one with such a brain injury woke up this early from a coma. " The doctor mumbled and Ellie sighed in relief.

Peter taking a good amount of oxygen as a relief and he sat down on the chair. Ellie sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

" Pete, go home and you should wash up a bit. Eat something. " Ellie suggested and Peter shook his head.

" No, I'm fine. I'll..just wait. " He mumbled and Ellie sighed.

" When she wakes up, she won't like seeing you in this state, Pete. Come on. " Ellie urged and Peter sighed. Knowing Y/n, he knew she'd yell at him for being so care less about his sleep or not eating. He reluctantly left for home and May cooked as he took shower and brushed his teeth and combed the wild hair.

Seeing that he was finsihed eating too, he convinced May into bringing Ellie home for some rest and he decided to stay by Y/n's side. Ellie left with May, Peter on the stool beside Y/n, holding her hand which was gladly back to its normal colour from the paleness.

He placed his head on her hand, giving it a soft kiss before and slowly drifted off to a sleep just like that.

--
--

Y/n stirred and opened her eyes, her head pounding and eyes stung as she opened them so suddenly. She blinked a few times to get adjusted to the lightening and looked around.

Her eyes landed on the crouched figure beside her bed, and she smiled. She knew who it was by the hair. She decided to let him sleep as he is and stared at him for hours before he woke up.