Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Washington Monument

Y/n was woken up by MJ to get ready for the competition and Y/n shot up, nervous as hell.

She got ready and left the room with MJ with a book and reached others downstairs. She looked around for Peter but only found Ned with a worried look.

" Ned, where's Peter? " She asked and Ned chuckled nervously.

" He's joining us there. " He stated and Y/n frowned.

" Don't expect me to buy that, Ned. " Y/n mumbled, crossing her arms.

" I really don't know where he is! " Ned panicked and Y/n sighed, pulling out her phone as they walked.

She dailed his number, but it went straight to voicemails. She left a good few words about him leaving like this and sighed.

The competition started.

---
---

" Zero. " MJ stated and just like that, it ended. After her answer was proven right, everyone cheered from Midtown and to celebrate it, they left to see the Washington Monument.

Y/n was glad she was helpful for the team. For a moment when she sat on one of the chairs as a competitor, she thought she'd be a useless one but she had answered a few answers that turned out right.

MJ sat at the seat outside, Flash glaoting about the Trophy in his hands, others were normally chatting while Y/n and Ned looked around.

" What is he up to? " She mumbled and pulled out her phone. As she walked inside, he finally picked up.

"N/n!! Oh thank God! Is Ned there! Give the phone to him. Hurry! " Peter yelled through the phone and Y/n frowned.

" Are you okay? Where are you? " Y/n asks and heard a few string of sub curses.

" I'm fine. Just give the phone to Ned please! " He said hurriedly and Y/n heard wind rush past him. She forwned, tapping Ned's shoulder and handing him the phone.

Ned seemed relieved but he didn't get to talk much becaue Liz had snatched the phone, giving Peter a good preach before she had to place the phone on the machine.

Y/n sighed, asking them to take care of the phone and climbed the lift.

" What was he talking about? What glowy thing? " Y/n whispered to Ned who was now instantly tensed.

" Uh.. "

" It's fine. Don't answer it. " Y/n mumbled, feeling completely hurt by how her best friends we're behaving around her. If anything, she had thought she was trustful enough to be shared secrets with and she wanted to just cry.

" Y/n! No, I-"

" It's fine, Ned. I understand. It's between you two. I shouldn't
interrupt that. " Y/n mumbled and Ned sighed as a flash of hurt look crossed
Y/n's face.

The lift went up and up, who knows how higher and the guide kept giving details about the Monument in a monotonous voice, which didn't help at all for Y/n.

Suddenly, the lift jerked and Y/n gasped, grabbing the railing in the lift. Everyone started to panic and the guide tried to reassure them.

Ned jerked off his bag, the lift slightly filled with smoke but Y/n frowned.

" Ned, what was in your backpack? "
Y/n asks and Ned shrugged.

" It was some kind of glowy thing. " Ned mumbled and Y/n frowned.