ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

ben's pov

i can't stop thinking about her. i can't stop thinking about the kiss from last saturday.

i decided to ask her on a date tonight. it's my turn and i'm gonna take her under the stars.

i'm thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend. i hope she doesn't think we're taking things too fast or rejects me.

this could either go really really good or really terrible. if she says no, it'll ruin everything and it's gonna be my fault.

i pulled out my phone to ask someone who's definitely an expert on this.

riley

ben
hey riley. i'm taking
tate on a date tonight
and i really really like
her and i wanna ask her
to be my girlfriend but
i feel like i'm taking things
too fast.

riley
OMG I KNEW IT!
okay, take her on a date.
ask her to be your girlfriend.
but do it when you guys have
like a romantic moment yk?
like find a perfect moment,
don't make it forced.

ben
okay but what
if she doesn't
feel the same?

riley
it's fine if she doesn't
feel the same. you guys
can still be friends even if
it's awkward as hell. but
if she says no then at least
you know how she feels about
you and you won't waste your
time on her.

ben
okay.. true
thanks riley

well looks like i'm going to ask her.

i went downstairs and saw her making brownies in the kitchen. "it smells amazing in here" i smiled at her.

she smiled and said, "here taste this." i licked the batter on the spatula that she held up for me to taste, "oh my gosh tate. that's delicious!"

"good." she giggled. i took a quick breath before asking her. "so uh, are you free tonight?" i tried to sound nonchalant and calm. "oh yeah..why?"

"i was wondering if i can take you on like another date." i explained. my palms were getting clammy. "where are we going?"

she told me that one night we were on the trampoline that she has always wanted to go stargazing so i wanted to keep it a surprise.

"it's a surprise. but trust me you will love it!" she thought about it for a second then replied, "yeah okay. i'll go."

"okay cool." i ran upstairs and grabbed my keys and my shoes to go to the store for our date.

our date she actually agreed to go on a date.

-

i walked into target and hoped that i could find everything i needed.

as i walk down the candy aisle, i see akira and who i think is her sister. they look really alike. i quickly turned around to avoid her but it was too late. she already saw me. "ben? is that you?" she said.

"yes.." i do not wanna deal with this right now. she walked up to me and smirked. "what?" i asked. "what are you doing here?"

"i'm shopping for uh.. i'm shopping." i rolled my eyes. "you're shopping for what??"

"if i tell you, will you leave me alone?!" i bickered. "yes." she leaned in with a smirk plastered on her face.

"too bad i'm not telling you." i walked around her and continued shopping. i chucked as i heard her scoff behind me.

-

i looked at my checklist to make sure i had everything.

PROJECTOR [ ]
CANDY [ ]
BLANKETS [ ]
PILLOWS [ ]
DRINKS [ ]
DOWNLOADED MOVIES [ ]
WHITE SHEET [ ]

since the sun sets at 7:30 tonight, we'll start driving around that time and we'll get there at about 8:40 or 9:00. okay.

it was 5:04 so i had enough time to drive to the small mountain area and pick a spot.

i remember mr. p teaching our class about astronomy and space and telling us the closest spot near him where you can see stars and the milky way.

the drive was about an hour and i found a spot that overlooked the town. i clipped the white sheet to a tree and set the projector in front of it. i also set up the snacks and blankets in the back of my trunk.

-

it's now 7:26 and i asked tate if she was ready. "yeah. just wear something casual and comfy right?" she walked downstairs wearing her pjs. "perfect. let's go."

"let's listen to some music." she smiled towards me and connected her phone to the car.

we sang along to all the songs and everything was amazing. the date hasn't even started yet but everything's perfect.