ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

tate's pov

today is the day that devon has to go home. there's only a few more weeks of summer so i'm pretty sure that ben will be fine. but riley on the other hand..

"riles i can't believe you're for real like- with devon. i thought you didnt do relationships." i whispered to her as we sat in the car, waiting for the boys to come in.

she rolled her eyes, "yes but- i don't know. i like devon a lot. plus you said you also hated relationships too now look at you and ben."

"whatever. i hope you guys last or whatever."

the three boys came out with dev's luggage and got in the car. "man, i really can't believe I'M the only single one here. i hate it here." peyton crossed his arms and slouched into his seat.

"shut up pey i can't hear my music over your yelling." riley yelled. the two continued to "argue"

i turned away and look out the window. for once, life is going okay. i'm happy.

i have a boyfriend. who would've thought? i finally visited kailey's grave and it felt really really nice. i have amazing friends. it's summer.

-

"bye devon!!" i gave him a big hug and he thanked me for letting him stay at my house. then him and riley shared a long kiss. "eww." peyton muttered as he snapped a pic of them.

"boooo grossss okay you can stop now." i shouted.

riley then walked back to the group and waved sadly. "okay bye dev.." she mourned. "riley you guys only live like 40 minutes away from each other you're acting like he lives in canada or something." i laughed. "ugh shut up" she said and stomped to the car.

"alright bye guys. it was so nice seeing you all. love you bro. see you soon." devon hugged ben and then closed the door.

"you'll be fine right?" i asked, looking at ben. "uh duh. i'm seeing him soon anyways. wanna go like grab some ice cream or food?" ben grabbed my hand and held it as we walked back to the car.

"yes please. can we get food AND ice cream?" ben laughed and said, "of course."

after we dropped riley and peyton off at their houses, i got a text from my mom. "no way. mom is making dinner. again!"

i am so so proud of mom. she's slowly getting back to her normal self and i am so happy.

her cooking is seriously the best and god i really really missed it.

"wait really? let's go home then. your moms cooking is so delicious i can't-" i laughed and agreed.

"hi guys! welcome home! i made some pasta. tate come set the dining table." mom greeted us as we walked in the kitchen.

i quickly set the table and sat down. ben and dad also sat down and mom came in with the food. dad put his phone down and inhaled the aroma of the pasta.

"mm it smells amazing." he kissed my mom on the cheek and picked his utensils up.

me and ben looked at each other and smiled.

-

dad was telling ben an embarrassing story of me when i was little when ben got a phone call. "uh excuse me."

he answered the phone call and said, "hello?" there was a lot of chatter on the other line. it sounded like his parents. his mom shouted something at him and ben's face fell. "w-what? mom what do you mean? no! i don't- i don't want to.."

he was crying. "ben what happened?" i asked. "they went through with it. t-the divorce. for real. and my moms moving in with her sister. she wants me to live with her. she lives 3 hours away from here. she said she's coming to pick me up.. tomorrow." he sobbed.

what???

i guess i spoke too soon.