ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

tate's pov

i breathed in his scent before he pulled away. "mom, do we really have to go? please. i love it here.. i'm the most happiest i've ever been." ben cried to his mother.

"no. hurry your ass up let's go." he looked stunned by her words but didn't say anything. he just grabbed his stuff and walked out the door.

"ben wait!" i yelled. i ran to him. "you can't leave.." i cried. "i don't want to tate... i wish i could stay." i stared at him. observing every detail in his face..

then he was dragged away by his mother.

dragged away from me.

-

"tatum parker! get out of bed. right now." i heard riley scream from across the room. "no!" i screamed back. "riley, peyton.. leave me alone." i sulked.

"i don't know how i'm gonna survive with ben living so far away. he actually made me happy. it's been so long that i actually felt happy and now its taken away from me again. why? why can't i be happy for once? why does life have to take every good thing away from me?" i ranted on and on and my best friends gave me a hug.

"tate i'm so sorry about what happened. you guys can always visit each other and facetime." peyton empathized. he genuinely looked sad and so did riley. "thank you guys. but can i just be alone?"

riley smiled and whispered, "of course. we'll go." actually i didn't want them to leave. but i didn't necessarily want to talk either.

"actually no, don't leave." peyton and riley looked at each other with confusion but nodded.

i miss ben so so so much.

i plopped myself onto my bed and tears started silently streaming down my face.

"thank you.." i whispered. i grabbed my besties and hugged them. "i love you guys." i muttered. "we love you too." they both said.

"tate, text ben. see how he's doing." riley insisted, handing me my phone. i breathed heavily and took it.

tate
hey

ben
i miss you

tate
i miss you too. how
are you doing?

ben
terrible.

i'm
happy over there.
i'm happy whenever
you're around me.

bae
ben we'll see each
other soon. i promise.

ben
it's gonna be hard.
schools starting soon.
man i wish we could at
least finish off summer
together.

bae
same. life sucks bro.
i hate it here

ben
yup, same.

bae
it's just like, everything
was going well. i was handling
my sisters birthday pretty well
thanks to you. and my mom
finally started getting better.
and my dad seems like his
normal self from before
yk. and you were with
me. and now you're not and
i feel like absolute shit.

ben
yes yes. same. i'm
happy my parents
aren't together
anymore because
it was so so toxic,
but we're moving
2 hours away- and
i'm going to be
attending a new
school away from
devon.

bae
life is shit. let's run away
like alyssa and james from
teotfw. or let's move to mars
or something.

ben
whdbdbdn yes

bae
i have to go,
dinner's ready.

ben
okay.

"aww she's smiling at her phone. everything must be going well." peyton gushed. "oh shut up." i said with a stupid smile.

"okay. well we're going to go so that you and your family can have dinner." riley smiled proudly.

"tatum!! hurry up and come down here!" i heard my mom yell.