ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

tate's pov

i laid in bed all night and listened to music. i couldn't even fall asleep because every song that played, reminded me of ben.

ever since that one night, i don't know how to feel about him. i feel like we almost kissed. maybe thats just me though.

we're currently in a really awkward place, but i just try to ignore it and try to talk to him without feeling anything.

-

"hey where are you going?" a sudden voice asked me. it was ben. "i'm just heading off to the movies with riley and peyton. wanna come?" i replied. "oh no it's fine. have fun" he insisted.

the three us of us were waiting in line when peyton said, "sooo, how are you and ben" He smirked and i rolled my eyes. "we aren't a thing."

i never told them about that one moment where we basically kinda almost kissed. if i did they would absolutely go ballistic.

"yet." riley chimed in. "oh shut up riles" I chortled. "oh come on. you two look adorable together." she said. "stop."

"do you even have feelings for him t?" peyton asked. i didn't reply because even i didn't know the answer.

i don't even think ben feels the same way. i'm figuring out my feelings for him yet i don't even know how he feels about me.

he probably only sees me as a friend.

the two looked at each other and started freaking out. "calm the hell down. to be honest, i don't know." i confessed. "okay but that doesn't mean no." riley said.

"ugh whatever. you guys are annoying." i said as i walked up to the cash register.

-

i went to go throw my trash away when alison beire, the "it girl" of my school came up to me. oh god.

she is the exact version of a stereotypical 2000's mean girl in every high school movie. except she's less iconic and more spray tan.

"hi tatum!!" she said, obviously sarcastic. annoyed, i replied with, "what do you want?"

"what's with the attitude? bitch." she muttered. she was obviously overanalyzing me and judging every inch of my body.

"do you like have a problem or something alison?" i responded and riley and peyton walked up to me.

"what is this roach doing here?" riley asked. "excuse me? i'm only here to babysit my brother for an extra 3,000. if you're not aware, i'm rich and i have my own mo-"

"we didn't ask for all that. we don't care." peyton said. i couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"i know you're not talking with that outfit on.. miss american eagle" riley shot back.

me and peyton could not hold it in and let out a giggle. "at least i don't shop at goodwill.."

riley and alison kept going back and forth until eventually alison walked away because riley couldn't stop giggling at her.

one thing i love about riley is that she would not hesitate to defend you or herself.

after we stopped laughing i asked them if they wanted to sleep over and of course, they said yes.

-

me, peyton, and riley we're binge-watching glee and eating a bunch of snacks in my room when we heard a knock on the door and saw that ben came in.

"hey." he said. "oh hey." i responded. "do you wanna watch with us?"

"sure" 

"this is peyton and riley my absolute best friends in the world i've told you about them multiple times. and this is ben guys" i introduced them. this is weird. it's like my two worlds are colliding.

"oh we definitely know about ben. nice to meet you" peyton said. "you too" ben confused and nervous all in one and it was kind of cute.

5 awkward minutes passed by. "soooo what are you guys doing tomorrow?" peyton said to break the silence. there was uncomfy energy in the room. and it was so obvious.

"oh my gosh wait! tomorrow is the fair right? the four of us should go!! it'll be soo fun." riley said.

i groaned, "i don't wanna goooo."

"we go every year tate. oh come on. you know you want to" riley smirked. she always know how to convince me into doing things. i don't know how.

"i'm down. not like i have anything to do anyways." ben muttered. "yeah same." peyton agreed. "come on tateeee. please pretty pleaseeee."

"ugh fine." i finally gave in.