ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

bens pov

tate was hesitant at first, but finally came and sat next to me. "so.. uh are you tired?" she asked nervously, fidgeting with her hoodie sleeve.

"yeah, kinda. i'm happy that you stood up for yourself." i breathed in heavily, scared of what she needed to tell me but curious as to what she might say.

"thanks ben." she said. "remember when you took me to go star gazing and we watched disney movies all night?" i nodded, hoping, praying, and begging the answer was what i hoped it was.

"well you asked me that question.. remember? before heading back. and i..." her voice trailed off. she was scared to say it. "say it tate. it's okay. i will respect your decision. nothing will change. it's okay." i said calmly.

if she doesn't wanna be together, then that's fine. nothing will change between us.

"yes ben. im ready for us. i'm ready to be your girlfriend." i stopped fiddling with my phone, causing it to fall. i sat up and asked if she was serious. "um.. yes. do you want me to change my mind?" she said, obviously sarcastic.

"nonono" i said then kissed her. i missed her touch and comfort. "i'm so fucking happy. wanna watch a movie to celebrate?" "yes! of course."

i laughed and slightly bent over, gesturing her to get on my back. she did and i ran downstairs. in that moment, we were laughing so hard that we were on floor for a few minutes, dying of laughter.

i went into the kitchen to go grab some snacks for us while tate went to go find a movie. all of a sudden, she gasped really loud.

i ran into the living room. "what? are you okay?" if tate got hurt i wouldn't know what to do with myself. "yes, i just had the perfect idea. i'm going to plan us a cute little date tomorrow!"

"that's it? that's an awesome idea but you scared me. i thought you got hurt.." i trailed off.

"aww you care so much." she said teasingly and came up to me. tate put her arms around me and tippytoed to kiss me.

"what do you have planned?" i asked. "it's a.. surprise!" she cheered as i rolled my eyes and grabbed the snacks i threw on the counter.

tate quietly squealed once i sat down on the couch next to her and excitedly told me what we were watching. "twilight."

"really???" i groaned. "ugh okay."

she squealed again and hugged me once more.