ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

tates pov

i woke up dazed and confused. i had forgotten that i fell asleep on ben's bed by accident. i was still in his room.

i awoke to ben laughing. i sat up and rubbed my eyes. "oh hey, you're finally up." ben sat next to me and faced his phone toward me, revealing devon's face. "hi dev" i sounded groggy. "hey tate."

"how long was i asleep?" i asked, yawning. "3 hours." ben replied. "oh"

he looks so cozy. i just want to snuggle up next to him i can't let my mind wander that far. i need to stop.

"man, i miss you so much. we could easily see each other but your parents are so strict." ben complained.

"yup. i can't wait until i'm 18. i only have to wait 2 more years then i have the freedom to do whatever." devon said in a dreamy voice. "i'm also lonely bro. like tate give me some girls to text. the girls here are so weird." i laughed and said, "the girls here are no different."

then i started to think about riley. he seems cute enough for her. but probably not.

ben and devon started talking about another subject and i opened my phone. i started scrolling on tiktok when i saw this video of these two girls reuniting. one of the girls didn't know and the other girl planned it.

that's when i got an idea. i sat up straight so ben couldn't see my screen and started texting riley and peyton.

tate
bro. i have an amazing
idea.

peyton
let me guess, it
has something to
do with ben?

tate
yes. but it'll
be so cute.

riles
oou is it a cute
date idea?

tate
no. watch.

ONE ATTACHMENT

ben is missing his bestfriend,
devon a lot. he only lives in
the next town over but his
parents are super strict.
i was thinking that we should
help devon convince his
parents to let him see ben.

riles
tatum parker. you
are a genius.

peyton
omg that's really
cute.
let's do it!!

riles
yes okay! so how
will we get devon
to convince his
parents?

tate
hmm. i really dont
know.
wait. since my dad
teaches at ben's school
and is basically
everyone's favorite
teacher there, we can
have my dad talk to
his parents or smth.
maybe that'll convince
devon's parents to let
him see ben.

peyton
middle school type
beat

riles
LMFAOO STOP

tate
PLS

riles
okay wait but actually
that's a good idea.

peyton🥰
^^^

tate
okay i'll talk
to my parents rn

"i need to go to the bathroom." i walked out of ben's bedroom and then sprinted to my parent's room. i impatiently knocked on their door.

"what." dad said. i peeked in their room. messy, like always. mom was sitting on their bed staring at literally nothing then to me.

"soo i need to ask you something." i explained to him what i wanted him to do and he agreed after a lot of convincing.

"so you'll do it?" i asked eagerly. "yeah i guess. i mean devon is a terrific student and has always been there for ben. i love that kid."

"what do you think about it jenn?" dad asked. "it's a wonderful thing to do for ben. you're so sweet tate. he'll be so happy" she said softly.

"okay thanks. tomorrow you'll call his parents. thank you guys again, love you!"

i walked back to ben's room and grabbed my phone to tell my friends that my dad agreed on the plan. they were just as hyped and excited as i was.

ben asked if i wanted to watch a movie and i said sure. he put his arm around me and i awkwardly and slowly cuddled up in his arms. my heart was racing.

i can't wait to see the smile on ben's face when he saw devon.

A/N
thanks for 200 reads, it's very much appreciated <33 !