ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

bens pov

"ben! ben wake up!" i felt tate shaking me. "what?" i squinted looking around in her bright room and yawned. "your uh.. your mom is here." she said. i instantly jumped up. "what? why??"

tate shrugged her shoulders and replied, "she wants you to come home with her." she sounded so sad.

i gave her a soft smile, grabbed her hand, and walked downstairs. mr. and mrs. parker were sitting on the sofa, talking to my mother.

"mom what are you doing here." i snarled. "ben, you have to come home. now!" she raised her voice. i was furious with her, but i didn't wanna yell.

"i am home mom." even though i said this calmly, i was freaking out on the inside.

i don't want to leave tate's side. she's my everything. "no you are not. you're going to get into that car this instant."

"do you not think about me? have you ever thought why i prefer it here more than i do with you or dad?" i snapped back.

mr. parker got up to intervene and said, "woah woah woah. it's okay. ben, you're okay. linda, let ben stay until summers over. he's such a delight in this household."

tate held my hand tighter and smiled at me. "linda, i know you love your son, but there are only 1 or 2 weeks left of summer so i don't see why ben can't stay with us! he's done a lot for this family. and ben and tate can spend more time with each other!" mrs. parker grinned, walking up to us.

"please mom?" i begged. she looked me up and down and said, "maybe..you are going to come home to our new house and attending your new school right?" my mother faltered as she looked at mr. parker.

"mom.. i don't wanna do that either. why can't i just finish high school at my normal school? i only have one year left. and i can stay with dad." i groaned. then i suddenly had an idea. "what if i can see you a few times every month. will that please you?" i continued.

"i don't know benjamin." she answered in a stern tone. "it'll make me happy. something i haven't been in quite a few years."

"ugh fine." she finally said. tate gasped and started jumping up and down, squealing wit excitement. "YAYY BEN'S STAYING WITH ME!" she screamed.

"YAYY I'M STAYING WITH YOU!!" i yelled back, jumping with her. my mom cleared her throat and asked, "i should get going. ben when will you visit?"

"the first friday of the first week of school. i'll drive to aunt lisa's house for the weekend. does that sound okay?" i asked. she nodded and gave me a hug. "bye ben. i love you. stay safe okay?" she said as she walked out the door. "bye mom. love you too." i replied.

when i turned around, tate jumped into my arms again and started kissing my face. "mwah! mwah! mwah! mwah! i'm so happy!" she squealed.

"i am too but it's 8am, im going back to bed." i yawned. "thank you mr. and mrs. parker. you guys are like my second parents." they nodded at me and mrs. parker gave me a hug.

then i walked upstairs to tate's room and flopped on the bed. i heard tate's footsteps behind me, following me like a puppy. "ugh you're too adorable." i gushed.

"i know." she giggled.