Chapter 17: Reward

Chapter 17

Max kept the sword away and made his way to the stronghold. He planned on selling all the corpses he has gotten so far.

Max went to the stronghold and brought out all the corpses he had with him. The hunters that were in the stronghold were horrified when they saw the small pile of creature corpses.

"Are t-t-those S-Shade d-demons!? There are so many of them!" Some said.

The shopkeepers' eyes almost fell off when they saw the corpses.

"I'm going to make a fortune!" the shopkeeper thought.

Max bartered and sold the [Shade Djinns] and various other corpses for a total of 200 Jade Coins. Seeing the huge amount of money, Max's lips curved upwards. Thanking the vendor, Max made his way out of the Wildlands. He made sure that he wore his [Illusion Mask] as he didn't want to be followed. As he exited the portal, he activated his [Waypoint Medallion] and went home.

Max opened his shop function and was quite disappointed. The only thing that he thought was decent to spend on would be the various [Item Upgrades] and [Ability Upgrades]. Max opened the shop and brought two [+5 Ability Upgrade] and a [+5 Item Upgrade]. Right now he can only get any decent items from the [Mystic Shop].

"Open Mystic Shop." Max said.

[Mystic Shop]

1 x Ego Seed 5,000,000p

1 x Strange Medallion 10,000,000p

Seeing the two items and it's price, Max knew they had to be good. Max immediately checked their description with greed.

[Ego Seed]

[Plant seed in any soil]

[Plant seed with any energy or items in soil.]

[Seed will grow to become a tree that produces items.]

[Items produced will vary depending on items, energy and type of soil.]

[Growth rate might vary depending on items, energy and type of soil.]

[After producing an item, the tree will wither.]

[Strange Medallion]

[Activate Medallion to teleport to a random ruin/location.]

[Will teleport you back after a time limit.]

[Time limit may increase if requirements are met.]

[After usage, Medallion will disintegrate.]

[Time Limit: 24hrs]

Seeing both items, Max understood why both items were worth millions of points. Both of them could easily fetch a few billion platinum coins. Max brought both items even though he felt his heart ache.

Max watched as both items materialised in his palms. The [Ego Seed] looked like a small green crystal while the [Strange Medallion] looked like a small purple coin. Max could see little indentations on the coins looking like an eye. While Max was about to look at them closely when he heard a knock on his door.

"Who could it be? Why would anyone come to a rundown neighbourhood?" Max thought.

"Is anyone there?" the voice said.

Hearing this, Max grew alert. Who could it be?

Max slowly opened the door and received a massive shock. It was the hunter he saved from the forest. The same hunter who was almost bleeding to death inside Klor's castle. He had tanned skin, red spiky hair and a round face. Max could feel his steel blue eyes on him.