Chapter 45: Aftermath

Chapter 45

Max needed to buy a new house. The current cell inside the prison was disgustingly small to practice in. He would easily hit his head on the ceiling if he were to jump.

He walked around the houses and was shocked at the astoundingly steep prices. Even the wooden huts were around 150,000 dents. Those were the cheapest prices!

Max looked around the houses in shock. He could never afford them...

As he continued walking, he felt someone tapping his shoulder. He immediately turned around. To his surprise, it was the same girl who stole his wallet and the old man that was being harassed in the alleyway.

"You! The audacity to steal my wallet and escape from me and now you come here again?" Max said in annoyance.

Hearing this, the girl kept quiet. After looking at her, he realised that they were around the same age. She has flaming red hair and tanned yellow skin. Her eyes were dark red and she seemed like a brat.

"Shut up! I did it because I had to! I'm sorry!" She said sarcastically.

Hearing this, Max got ready to knock her out. Just then, the old man spoke up.

"Hmph, Cynthia. Apologise now. Sincerely." He said.

Hearing this, the girl, Cynthia, immediately apologised. It seems she listened to her "grandpa" more.

"Anyways, I am sorry for what Cynthia did. We were being harassed for our housing's payment and we were low on cash. Thank you." The old man said sincerely.

Hearing the old man's tone, Max immediately used a tone of respect. He was sincere to him so Max shall also be sincere to the old man.

"Thank you sir." Max said kindly.

"We were watching you a few moments ago, Are you looking for a house to buy?" the old man asked.

...

Max was led back into the alleyway where he had entered before. It was pretty quiet and at the end, there was the familiar house where he had encountered the enemies from before.

It was the perfect place to live as it was quiet and secluded from the main road. The alleyway was empty and no other houses were seen nearby. Max could peacefully train here.

"So what do you think? Do you want to live with us?" the old man asked sincerely.

Max wanted to decline as he seemed pretty suspicious. However, he didn't want to continue searching for another house. He wasn't even sure if there would even be another house that he could afford.

After thinking about his situation, he decided to accept the offer. He was sick of having to sleep in the tiny cell with no bed, lighting or even a proper toilet.

He accepted the offer and was led into the house. For a wooden house, it was pretty huge. There were actually 5 bedrooms inside the house. There seemed to be too many rooms for two people to live in...

"Why do you live in a huge house if there are only two of you?" Max asked in confusion.

Hearing this, Cynthia stopped. Her grandpa, Aubre, just smiled.

"Before all of this, when I first came here, there were a few of us. We bought this house and paid the price for it in installments. We split the price and managed to own the house and live in it peacefully. However, the people we brought the house from were bad people. They managed to get our roommates out of our house. We had to pay the monthly price on our own." Aubre sighed.