Chapter 10: Edlyn

[Chapter 10]

The moment Max took out his sword from his ring, the vampires froze.

"H-how did you-? What is that!?" Klor said with shock and anger.

"Oh old man, it seems you have been living in the dark for so many years!" Max ridiculed him.

Max took out the katana and ran towards the group of vampires. He has previously analysed the movements of these creatures, they liked to leap off things and maim their foes. Max immediately destroyed some of the pillars holding up the roof of the castle. The vampires, seeing that their advantage was gone, started to panic.

Max smirked and started his attack. He ran up to a vampire and gave him a diagonal slash with his sword. Max watched as the blade slashed through the vampire cleanly. The vampire was in shock and it saw his body being separated. Max continued his onslaught and soon realised that the number of vampires were not dwindling. It was then he saw the problem.

Max could see the vampires healing at a rapid pace. He watched as two separated bodies merged back. Seeing this Max panicked. The king sat at his throne watching Max. He knew it was quite hard to kill his kind so he just let his subordinates fight Max.

Max grew angry at this and decided to change his tactic. He used [Razor Ki] and released the sharp crescent manifestation at the vampires. The Ki was purple in colour and was hurtling through the air at an extreme speed. The vampires could react as the cresent ki manifestation sliced through their bodies.

They expected to regenerate again, but this time their vision completely became dark and they never got up.

[Ding! Killed Human Blood Servant! Received 40,000 exp and 40,200p!]

[Ding! Killed Human Blood Servant! Received 40,000 exp and 41,450p!]

[Ding! Killed Human Blood Servant! Received 40,000 exp and 46,590p!]

...

"It worked!" Max thought.

Max realised that these vampires actually had ki in their body, but it seems they did not know how to use it. It almost seems like the ki wasn't part of their body.

The king was even more shocked! All his remaining subordinates were dead! He quickly got up his throne and started running towards the window ready to jump down to escape. Just as he was a few more steps from the window, he felt a long sharp blade pierce through his body and dragged him along as it lodged itself into the wall. Max has thrown the katana at Klor!

"Who are you! Y-you can't do this to me! I am a king!" Klor begged.

"King? Not anymore. Now tell me everything." Max said as he pressed his [Dual Raksa Dagger] into his skin.

After "persuading" the king to talk, Max managed to gather a few information. He managed to get all the locations of the remaining 11 covens in the map and learned more about alphas. All 12 alphas have a unique ability which they get from the stone. In the case of the Klor, the weakest of the alphas, was the ability to release red blood mists which can detect or heal life forces of all nearby creatures.

Max tried to ask the other alphas powers but Klor had no idea what their powers were. Hearing this Max sighed.

"So where is this mysterious entity that gave you your powers? Where does it live?" Max asked.

"I have no idea. Only the first alpha knows where it is." Klor said.

According to Klor, the first alpha is the line of successors of the first ever alpha. Klor is from the 12th alpha's line of successors. Hearing this Max pulled out the katana from Klor's body.