Chapter 48: Mun

Max administered some Ki to see what the condition of the shaman's body was like, sure enough a Ki core was felt. But just when he thought that was it, it got weirder.

He felt another! He continued searching and he found another Ki Core! There were a total of 3 Ki Cores in the shaman's body! The strange thing was, that all 3 of them were different from one another.

Max had 6 Cores and they share all the same properties, thus allowing him to use Ki and communicate with all 6 efficiently. However, this was different. There were 3 Ki Cores. One was small and bright. The other was also small but extremely dark. The last one was massive. It was 4 times the size of the other 2 and was dark orange in color. They were all mismatched and should not even exist. It felt as if the cores were not even from the same person.

The big one felt like that of a creature that one would find in the Wildlands. The other 2 looked like human Ki Cores but they seemed to be attacking the other, always fighting to eat the other. The 2 human-like Ki cores seemed to be in a constant battle of control. Just what is this crazy shaman hiding!?

Max continued prodding the man's body. There seemed to be something that was on the man's heart previously as there were traces of Ki present. The man was toned and his hair was light brown, his eye was light red in color and there were traces of several cuts and bruises on his body. He also found many strange symbols tattooed all over his right arm and back.

The young man that was slightly older than Max seemed to have lived through hell. Who was this man!?

Almost immediately, Max made plans. He summoned the Dusk Djinn and commanded it to empty but not eat the shaman's Ki cores. Afterwards, he told the Djinn to enter the body and use its ability to act as a Ki parasite, which will leave the shaman's cores completely empty no matter how long it takes.

Soon enough all the cores had been sucked dry by the Djinn.

Max then left the shaman to rest. He hoped to talk to him soon. He needed to know where the ruins were and how he got the artifact that allowed him to cast the magic circles. Max had searched for the artifact when the shaman was out cold but it seems there wasn't a physical version of it.

After ensuring that the shaman can't escape, He proceeded to transfer all the Dents into his wrist wallet. Seeing the small pile of wrist wallets, Max began working.

...

Max woke up the next day. He was in a happy mood. He took his wrist wallet and slowly approached grandpa Aubre.

"Umm gramps, I have some more Dents to give you." He said.

Hearing this, Aubre was glad. He really needed more by the end of the month. It seems Max beating the thugs up had given them time, but their boss might send more people down which would be bad.

"How much? You can at the right time son. I was thinking of where to get more Dents. I had been picking herbs outside the Stronghold to sell and had run out of them." Aubre said sheepishly. He was an old man and it felt weird to ask him for help.

"I have about 40,000 Dents..." Max said as he showed the wallet.

There was silence. Getting 2,000 dents alone was impossible. Getting 40,000 in one day? You would have to be doing something really illegal or underhanded.

"How? Where did you find this?" Aubre asked seriously.

"There were some people fighting him, and I took it from their corpses after he killed them all." Max said calmly pointing to the shaman.

Hearing the story, Aubre was shaken. 40,000 dents was a lot. Enough to pay for this month and still have 10,000 Dents leftover...

"Thank you son... I know I can't accept this but I have no choice. I am truly sorry for troubling you." Aubre said with a bow.