Chapter 36.2: Abominations

Chapter 36.2

It was already morning. Lucas was still tired. Frey had trained him thoroughly throughout the entire journey in the desert. His [Stone Skin] ability which he had mostly used as an offensive skill was completely broken apart leaving him extremely weakened. He was about to rest when Annie, Frey's teammate healed him. Apparently, Annie also has a strange skill to heal others...

Upon healing Lucas' injuries, he was thrown back towards Frey to train again. This went on for his entire journey in the desert. After resting last night, he was forcefully woken up by Frey.

Frey was going to train him again. It was a tiring and painful experience...

"Get up." Frey said impatiently.

"Father won't allow this!" Lucas bellowed.

"Actually. He will. He told me I can do anything I want." Frey said with a smirk.

Hearing this, Lucas was annoyed. Frey had been taking this "training" to bully him.

"Harden your skin again." Frey said quietly.

"NO!" Lucas puffed out his chest and yelled.

Hearing this, Frey just looked at him calmly. "Fine. I don't care. Do what you want." He said.

He clenched his fist and soon, it was releasing the same white flames as before. He raised it and punched the air in Lucas' direction.

Seeing this, Lucas immediately scrambled up and quickly hardened his skin. He had seen the white flames swiftly wipe out Archdemons, he did not want to die here.

Seeing his cousin's submissive attitude, Frey smiles creepily. It seems the sadistic and arrogant nature of the Krieta family also runs in Frey's blood...

Lucas' screams echoed throughout the desert. The fact that he did not grab any nearby creatures' attention was a miracle. Although chances are Frey would have completely annihilated them..

When the massive white plume of flames had disappeared, a wrecked Lucas was seen standing inside a greyish glassy crater. His sooted [Stone Skin] was covered in cracks. His grey stone skin was completely turned dark.

"AGAIN!"

Annie walked over and placed her hand a few meters away from Lucas. A bright green aura was released from her hand and almost magically, Lucas' cracked skin slowly mended itself.

Just as Annie finished healing Lucas, the cycle continued again.

The desert was filled with screams of an injured Lucas...

...

Somewhere far away, Max was running down the dark tunnel in fear. Something even worse was chasing him. It was a creature straight out of a horror movie. It's face only consisted of a massive mouth that was filled with serrated teeth. It's skin is as white as snow and it has 3 pairs of arms. It looked like a massive faceless human being that had 6 arms.

It was swiftly crawling through the tunnel and chasing Max while he was running through the tunnel. He wanted to fly but was afraid of accidentally crashing into the wall. Previously he had almost broken his back from hitting the hard ivory tunnel walls, thus he decided to not go too fast.

The creature was both fast and it's ivory skin was just as hard as the tunnel walls. Max and his beast spirits tried to attack the creature but none of them were able to pierce the creature's skin.

As Max was running, he activated another one of his abilities. His body started to emit a red mist and soon, a clone of him was seen running beside him. There were now 5 people ready to attack this creature.