Epilogue

Ian paced the hallway occasionally running his hands through his hair. He had already worn the carpet with his pacing.

"Sit down son, she will be alright," Owen said and Ian glared at him and continued his pacing.

A scream echoed through the keep and Ian rubbed the chill from his arms. "What if she isn't okay?" he asked worriedly.

"She's fine," Ryan said offhandedly.

"And how do you know that?" Ian snarled.

Ryan shrugged and looked away. From where they were, they could faintly hear what April said.

"Ian you sonofabitch, I swear I am never letting you touch me ever again. Never!"

Owen laughed and poured wine into a cup. "She is alright."

He stretched the cup to Ian.

"Relax man, you are about to become a father."

Ian nervously took the cup and sat down, "I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"Should have thought of that before you put your di.." He turned to see Ian's deadly glare waiting for him and wisely kept his mouth shut.

Her water had broken and her contractions had started in the middle of the night, it was afternoon now. With every groan and scream he heard, he gripped the cup even more tightly. His leg bounced impatiently as he tapped his fingers on the table.

Finally her screams stopped. He expected the door to open but it didn't.

"What is taking so long?" he asked as he began pacing again.

"They are probably cleaning them up," Owen replied.

"Goddammit man, sit down! Your pacing is making my eyes ache."

Ian ignored him as he made a path for himself. Several minutes passed and the door opened and Karen came in. She looked happy. "Would you like to see her now?"

He nodded and nervously looked at his father.

"Go on son, we'll be right here."

He followed Karen to his chamber. She smiled at him before opening the door. He took a deep breath before walking in. A midwife was handing something over to April so he paused and waited for her to move back before walking forward again. April lay tiredly on the bed, her back rested against the headboard. He immediately walked over to her and sat beside her.

She looked radiant, her cheeks were glowing and her eyes were bright. She looked exhausted but happy. Smiling up at him, she said, "We have a baby girl."

Then he looked at the small bundle she held in her arms. It was a girl, a wonderful little girl wrapped in blankets. He gently took the baby and held her carefully in his arms. She was perfect. She had black hair like April. Tears filled his eyes as he looked down at her.

His daughter.

The baby cooed and opened her eyes. Bright green eyes just like his stared up at him. The tear fell on her cheek and she scrunched up her face. He smiled as he touched her hand and she immediately latched onto it holding it tightly.

"So beautiful," he whispered. She closed her eyes and yawned sleepily. He gently rocked her in his arms and she fell asleep. Bending his head down, he softly kissed the rosy cheek of his baby and she swiped at him with her eyes closed.

He looked back at his wife. She was yawning. He leaned forward and kissed her head.

"I love you both so much," he said gazing down at the bundle of joy in his arms.

"You're still not touching me though," she said with a smile and closed her eyes. Ian laughed and stared amazed at his child. He had a family now. A family to love and protect.

"What's her name?" the midwife asked. He had forgotten that the midwife was in the room. She was the only one left.

"Arla," he heard April mutter drowsily.

Ian nodded and looked at the old midwife. He couldn't think of a better name for her, "Her name is Arla."

So finally guys, this book has been completed. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

I'd like to say a very big thank you to rukevwe1 and OmotayoBlessed. They supported me a lot, voted on each chapter. Thank you🖤. You're the kind of readers every author hopes to have. And thanks to every other person that has voted or commented on the past.

Au revòir, I had a nice time writing this book.
Now that I'm done with this, I'm gonna start Imperatrix.

Baby Arla says goodbye.....