♡Chapter 15♡

"I hate this part, paper hearts. And I'll hold a piece of yours" - Tori Kelly

Jungkook's POV

It took only two days of tutoring for me and Jasmine to become closer and I was enjoying every second of it. But, did we get close too quickly? As far as I can recall, Jasmine ran out the door with my snacks and I snatched her right back in like a rag doll. I easily swung her over my shoulder and tossed her on my bed, watching the way her body bounced when hitting the bed's surface. It was all fun and games until I got closer to her, and she looked at me with vulnerable eyes. 

My eyes followed the motion of her teeth pulling at her pink bottom lip. I leaned and stopped myself where our foreheads were touching. I should not kiss her; it's too early.

"Sorry," I say while refusing to look at her.

To my surprise, I feel her cold fingers lightly grabbing my chin to tilt my head up, before she molds her lips with mine. Her pillowy soft lips retract back to my slightly chapped ones. I bring her closer to my body to deepen the kiss. She caresses my left cheek with her right hand. The kiss is not hungry and desperate like the one we shared at the beginning of September. This kiss was patient and full of pure adoration.

She moves her lips from mine before pecking me on the lips. As she smiles, a tear trails down her face. Why is she crying? Maybe she regrets kissing me.

I reach my hand to catch her tear.

"I'm sorry Jasmine, I didn't --" I start but she interrupts me.

"No, stop. Don't apologize," she responds with a chuckle.

She wipes more tears from her face. "I kissed you first."

Jasmine reaches for my hand and holds it.

"I feel like I have known you all my life, and every time I am with you, I am filled with overwhelming emotions that are difficult to explain. But as far as I can recall, I met you a few weeks ago," she says. "Have we met before?"

My words are caught in my throat and her eyes hold pain and desperation. I don't want to see her having a panic attack; it would break my heart. My eyes sting and my nose feels clogged.

"Yes," I choke out.

Her lip juts out and her eyebrows furrow before she engulfs me into a hug. She rubs my back as my body shakes against her and tears escape my eyes.

"Whe-when I say sorry, I really mean it," I say into her shoulder.

She leans back and pulls my body further into her where I'm on top of her. A squeak escapes her due to the heavyweight toppling on top of her. I try to push out of her grasp, but she pulls be back down.

"Let me comfort you," she mumbles.

"But I'm heavy," I respond as my eyes find its way onto the box of paper hearts.

She giggles. "I don't care."

"But...why are you always apologizing? Was there something you did to me in the past?" She asks.

I maneuver my body to where I can look down at her.

"We use to date, when we were freshman," I say before taking a deep breath. "I had to leave for Korea and than--you--you".

My vision blurs as the tears keep flowing like a waterfall. A whine escapes my lips as all the pain I felt was coming back.

"Got in the accident," she finishes as she brings my hands away from my face.

I nod my head in response. "It was my fault, I'm so--sorry. If I--"

I feel plump lips on my cheek and a tissue on my face.