♡Chapter 26♡

Jasmine's POV

I look at Jungkook's intimating glare as he holds the door open. This was not supposed to happen. I have not been avoiding him, just...distancing myself from him. His manager called and explained everything to me.

"Hi, Jasmine. You can call me PD," the man said with a thick Korean accent.

"Hiiii. Did something happen to Jungkook? Is he okay??" I asked.

"Yes, he is doing fine. I just wanted to talk to you about an issue," he said.

I was not sure what this issue was, but I assumed it had something to do with our relationship.

"I'm aware of your dating relationship with Jungkook and so is the Korean media. It has been hectic for my company's team to take down the articles regarding your guys' relationship," he said.

"I'm so sorry. I understand if you want me to break up with him. I don't want to interfere with Jungkook's career or popularity in Korea," I responded.

He has sacrificed a lot to be where he is now in his career and I'll never forgive myself if I was the reason he had to stop it. I already think he's crazy for being part of a kpop band while attending school 6,000 miles away from it. It would be easier for him to attend school in Korea.

"No, Jasmine. You do not need to break up with Jungkook. I rather that not happen right now. I see how you have changed him into being a happier person," he said.

Really? Then why is he telling me about the rumors? I'm already aware of them.

"I just need you to distance yourself from him until everything dies down. The media has been eating up the images people have taken of you guys on your dates this month. It will not only protect Jungkook's career but also you," he said.

I'm confused.

"PD, how can it protect me? The people commenting irrelevant things on this matter are not in the US," I responded.

"Yes, Jasmine, but if they discover who you are they will tear you down on social media and might even send threats to you and your family. This stuff is serious and cannot be taken lightly. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Jungkook has already received threats," PD said.

My eyes stung from what PD had just told me. Jungkook is risking all of this to just date me? To be around me?

"Okay, PD I'll distance myself from him for a while," I responded.

"Thank you, Jasmine. I really appreciate it. Take care," he said before hanging up.

I reach my arm out and press on the door to close it, but Jungkook keeps it open. His jaw is clenched and his tongue pokes at the inside of his cheek. He's really angry with me? I'm not used to this Jungkook.

My nose burns as my eyes get watery. I know I must be getting my period soon, because why else would I be crying because he's angry with me?

I jump at warm hands grabbing my arm and leading me out of the studio. I tug at it and pull myself from him. I distance myself from Jungkook and look into his dark eyes.

"I'm not leaving. This is not how I want to leave you," I say. 

Jungkook looks up before closing his eyes and his Adam's apple bobs up and down.

"Then how do you want to leave?" He asks in a deep voice that slices the thick atmosphere in half.

"Not like this," I respond.